[comp.sources.games.bugs] first bug, omega 0.70.5

wisner@eddie.MIT.EDU (Bill Wisner) (03/27/88)

After winning a bout in the arena and using the garage door opener to
leave, I was informed that I was carrying -10/600. Ahem.

I have not experienced this one personally, but I am told that
the game acts somewhat screwy when someone answers "no" to
"Taken an official IQ test?"

..b

hkbirke@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Hal Birkeland) (03/27/88)

In article <8610@eddie.MIT.EDU>, wisner@eddie.MIT.EDU (Bill Wisner) writes:
> After winning a bout in the arena and using the garage door opener to
> leave, I was informed that I was carrying -10/600. Ahem.

After doing this twice, I had -200 or some such carrying weight. Furthermore,
when adding objects to my pack, my weight carried doesn't seem to increase
(or are those buckets o' food , daggers, and shields weightless)

Saving games ... are the 'monsters' supposed to get a free round in upon
restoring? (I once saved with an angered gladiator next to me and he blew
me away before I got a chance to do anything)

Sleeping ... time warps seems to occur. sleep 25 mins turns to 1hr???

for those VAX users out there ... use the 'omegadata' files to generate
new monster and item data instead of applying all of the patches posted
previously -- same affect, less hassle.

also, use 'random' and 'srandom' in place of 'rand' and 'srand' if possible!

-- hal
(otherwise, much improved over 0.60)