[comp.sources.games.bugs] Bugs for the all new Omega 0.70.5

dwosnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (David Olix) (03/30/88)

Do not feed the Line Eater!

OK folks!  Here are some bugs for the new Omega 0.70.5 (or at least
what I think are bugs):

1) Free food at CSCFLP (The Commandant's): (osite1.c: l_commandant())
     If you ask for 0 (zero) buckets when asked, you do not get charged
  for it, but you get one anyway. (Buy zero, get one free deal, huh?)
  A simple fix would be to the effect:

     mprint("How many? ");
     num = parsenum();
     if (num > 0) {             /* Insert this line and appropriate braces */
       if (num*5 > Player.cash)
     } else
       mprint("Changed your mind, eh?"); /* Sleazy way to avoid problems */

2) Low nutritional value at the diner: (osite1.c: l_diner())
     If you purchase food at the diner, you are charged the 25 Au. for it
  and then your food is SET to 24 instead of INCREASED by 24.  The obvious
  fix is to change the line:

     Player.food = 24;     to      Player.food += 24;

I as yet have no fixes for the following bugs but...

3) Multiplying two-handed weapons:
     I discovered this one using the Scythe of Death (Wizard mode? Nah!).
  If you wield the weapon it uses both your "free" hand and your "weapon"
  hand (not too surprising).  However, I picked up a garage door opener
  in my "in the air" slot then proceded to exchange it with my "free" hand.
  Now, the Scythe occupied the "in the air" and the "weapon" slots.  I then
  put the "in the air" Scythe in my pack.  I was then left with the Scythe
  in my "weapon" hand and in the pack.  I took the Scythe out of the pack
  and put it in my "weapon" hand and ended up weilding "2x Scythe of Death"
  in my "weapon" hand and another Scythe of Death in my "free" hand.  Sort
  of one-and-a-half two-handed weapons.

4) Dismounting (Exiting) horse:
     If you type a 'E' while you are in a town (Rampart in my case) and
  your status was previously "afoot", a 'h' (presumably your horse) is
  created and your status remains "afoot".  Apparently, you can do this
  as many times as you want.  The only thing it succeeds in doing is filling
  the city with nonexistant horses.  (If you examine the square where the
  'h' is you are told that there is nothing there but floor).

If someone can mail this directly to Paul Brothers, please do so.  We at
Tech seem to have no way to successfully communicate with the ARPAnet. (Yet!)

David Olix (D Who?):

olix@nmtvax.nmt.edu
dwosnsr@titan.nmtsun.nmt.edu
                    _
    "Playtesting (Plah*tehs*ting):  A tedious, sleep-loss-causing,
     mind-destroying, sleazy, scummy, %@^#&%*, and hideous way to
     debug otherwise seemingly normal programs."

BTW: The new Omega is awesome.  Now only if it were bug free! ;-)

johnsun@hubcap.UUCP (John K Sun) (03/31/88)

Dear Omega 0.70.5 players,

    I have encountered the following bugs:

1) In order to become adept,  I went the temple of destiny,
   and enter the magic portal for the infinite abyss.

   Without hitting 2 yes to each elemental station (except void),

   I become adept by visiting earth, water, air, fire,
   (Of course heal myself before enter the next station in sequence).

   As for the void station, I summon a Death, use apport to
   get a Scythe and then drop to satiate the void station.

   then enter void to become adept....

   Guess what?  I could wish for Health, Wealth and Power, and
   increase level (skill) after that....

    then, back at the temple of destiny, I was thinking of getting back
    to the country screen and ... the game put me back to the abyss
    screen.... (arrggghhhh)

  I manage to get out of this by issuing a core dump signal to the game
  after recovering the game, I found my character in country side...

2) Omega 0.70.5 hangs when trying to get into the Sewer cave under the
   city of Rampart, the Goblin's cave, the Archmage's castle, The hell
   volcano, etc.

   And after some core dump trick, I finally manage to get in the
   dungeons and found NO monsters.,.

   I could find some monsters in the treasure cave, but not star peak!
   (Entering the above two caves doesn't hang the game)

   BTW, Does anybody know where the isle of the Magic Eater is?
   I look at ocountry.dat and cannot find any island except for
   the main temple of destiny....

3) Since I cannot find the Lawbringer at Star Peak or the Magic Eater
   anywhere, I decided to summon them through a spell.

   I killed them and took their corpes to the appropriate guilds,
   i.e. the college and the circle of sorcerors at Rampart,
   They do not honor it (Hmmm... I wonder this is a bug or just
   a feature!?)

   BTW, Anybody know where the CIRCLE of SORCERORS is outside RAMPART?

4) Saving of games anywhere besides the city of rampart or the country
   side ends up starting up in the City of Rampart with the monsters
   at the site you left off.

5) I cannot seem to convince the Duke that I killed the Goblin King
   and with The Goblin King's head on my shoulder.

   (But, the Oracle asked me to go and see her!)

   the Oracle said I had done a good job...

   BTW, I killed the Goblin King by summoning...

6) The Goblin King is still not unique...
   I can summon it 2 times, and kill it two times...

7) Where did the scales of Dragons and Dragon Lords go when they die?
   I supposed they should have their scales left over for me to
   transform them.... (or the author changed this?)

8) After being adept, I can be follower of different dieities at
   different times...

9) I still can cast blessing to items for infinte times....
   For example, I can bless a ring of strength to make my str to 3000
   and has 1000 pts of damage when hit!!!!!

10) My character is a gladiator and howcome he never gets to be
champion?
    What I mean is he could be promoted to a stronger and stronger class
    without a limit!?

and few others more....(Next time)

johnsun@hubcap.clemson.edu

BTW, I cannot seem to do email to brothers@128.6.5.60

If some kind soul would inform the above bugs to the author....
(Thank you in advance)

brothers@skynyrd.rutgers.edu (Laurence R. Brothers) (04/01/88)

Almost all of the bugs you mention have been fixed for version
0.70.5.1, just released. Thanks for the reports,

shefter-bret@CS.YALE.EDU (Bret A. Shefter) (04/01/88)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MEmunch, munch, smack gulp <burp>

In article <53@nmtsun.nmt.edu> dwosnsr@nmtsun.UUCP (David Olix) writes:
>OK folks!  Here are some bugs for the new Omega 0.70.5 (or at least
>what I think are bugs):
>
>2) Low nutritional value at the diner: (osite1.c: l_diner())
>     If you purchase food at the diner, you are charged the 25 Au. for it
>  and then your food is SET to 24 instead of INCREASED by 24.  The obvious
>  fix is to change the line:
>
>     Player.food = 24;     to      Player.food += 24;
>David Olix (D Who?):
>olix@nmtvax.nmt.edu
>dwosnsr@titan.nmtsun.nmt.edu

    I doubt that this is a bug. After all, it *is* "all you can eat" and not
"all you can eat until you throw up" (and thereby lose the value of having
eaten all you can eat...).
							    Shadow
--
    From the only slightly twisted mind of...