[comp.sources.games.bugs] NetHack 2.3 Update parts 11 and 12 of 12 didn't get here.

linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mike Threepoint) (04/19/88)

Frperg-Zrffntr: Or fher gb qevax lbhe Binygvar.

Nice daily posts up to part 10 arrived here.  Then the last day S***
M**** crashes topaz and we have lots of 0-line articles all over the
place.

Did they get sent, lost in the shuffle perhaps?  If not, please ignore.

If so, please mail 'em to me or repost.  My fangs are slavering with
anticipation.

--
"...billions and billions..."			| Mike Threepoint (D-ro 3)
			-- not Carl Sagan	| linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu

srg2@ur-tut (Stacey Greenstein) (04/19/88)

We didn't get 11 and 12 either.  Probably because we get some of our mail
through rutgers....
--
US Mail:   Stacey Greenstein         BITNET: srg2@uordb2
           P. O. Box 30202           ARPA:   srg2@tut.cc.rochester.edu

roger@marque.mu.edu (Roger Abrahams) (04/19/88)

Haven't seen it here either...
						- Roger

games@polyslo.UUCP (Fun and Games) (04/19/88)

In article <Apr.18.14.46.06.1988.7110@topaz.rutgers.edu> linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu.UUCP (D-ro 3) writes:
>Nice daily posts up to part 10 arrived here.  Then the last day S***
>M**** crashes topaz and we have lots of 0-line articles all over the
>place.
>
>Did they get sent, lost in the shuffle perhaps?  If not, please ignore.
>
>If so, please mail 'em to me or repost.  My fangs are slavering with
>anticipation.
>

>--
>"...billions and billions..."			| Mike Threepoint (D-ro 3)
>			-- not Carl Sagan	| linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu
>"...hundreds if not thousands..."		| FidoNet 1:107/513
>			-- Pnews		| AT&T +1 (201)878-0937

You think you've got problems...

We only got 7, 8, 9, and 10 here (and 8 & 9 look suspiciously alike...).

Is our site the only one with major gaps like this?

Is someone upstream from us not sending stuff down the line?

Could someone _please_ send me the updates?

Will John marry Martha?  (Oops!, How'd that slip in there?)

Thanks for the help

Keith Hearn
aka games@polyslo

--
+------------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
|    ihnp4!psivax!csun!polyslo!games | The world has been destroyed to make   |

jcc@axis.fr (Jean-Christophe Collet) (04/19/88)

From article <Apr.18.14.46.06.1988.7110@topaz.rutgers.edu>, by linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mike Threepoint):
> Nice daily posts up to part 10 arrived here.  Then the last day S***
> M**** crashes topaz and we have lots of 0-line articles all over the
> place.
>
> Did they get sent, lost in the shuffle perhaps?  If not, please ignore.
>
> If so, please mail 'em to me or repost.  My fangs are slavering with
> anticipation.
We have the same problem here.
So count me in, please. (I'm slavering too !! :-) )

jcc
jcc@axis.fr          | "An artificial intelligence is better than none !"
mcvax!inria!axis!jcc | "Artificial intelligence matches natural stupidity !"

gamesdemon@sphinx.uchicago.edu (The Gamesdemen) (04/20/88)

We didn't get it either ...

-The Gamesdemen-

--
-The Gamesdemen-
gamesdemon@sphinx.uchicago.edu

cc1@CS.UCLA.EDU (04/20/88)

UCLA didn't get parts 11 or 12. But 8 and 9 are both the same file.

tlh@pbhacker.UUCP (Lee Hounshell) (04/20/88)

Still waiting for it here also..

Lee Hounshell

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (04/20/88)

In article <11397@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, cc1@CS.UCLA.EDU writes:
> UCLA didn't get parts 11 or 12. But 8 and 9 are both the same file.

Exactly the same situation here at Amdahl.  Seems like a repost of 8-12
is needed, since I don't see how *any* site could have the *real* parts
8 and 9, and most didn't receive 11 and 12.

Is the author reading this news.group?

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim

ignatz@chinet.UUCP (Dave Ihnat) (04/20/88)

I can't think of a more boring net entry, but nevertheless...

No, the last two parts didn't make it to chinet from ihnp4...

	-The Midnite Skulker...

vargish@umd5.umd.edu (Nick Vargish) (04/20/88)

In article <89@marque.mu.edu> roger@marque.UUCP (Roger Abrahams) writes:
>Haven't seen it here either...
>						- Roger

I haven't seen 'em yet either... could someone zip a copy over to me?

								Nick

 _____________________________________________ _______________tear here_______
|                                             |                               |
| "It's not the taste, it's the texture!"     |  "If you aren't responsible,  |
|                                             |   then you're irresponsible,  |
| vargish@umd5.umd.edu;   vargish@umdd.BITNET |   which is worse."            |
|_____________________________________________|_______________________________|

In article <2581@umd5.umd.edu> vargish@umd5 (Nick Vargish) writes:
>In article <89@marque.mu.edu> roger@marque.UUCP (Roger Abrahams) writes:
>>Haven't seen it here either...
>>						- Roger
>
>I haven't seen 'em yet either... could someone zip a copy over to me?

My blame! They were waiting for me just after I made my post... Sorry!

						Like a jerk...
							Nick

 _____________________________________________ _______________tear here_______
|                                             |                               |
| "It's not the taste, it's the texture!"     |  "If you aren't responsible,  |
|                                             |   then you're irresponsible,  |
| vargish@umd5.umd.edu;   vargish@umdd.BITNET |   which is worse."            |
|_____________________________________________|_______________________________|

mike@pcsbst.UUCP (Mike Schroeder) (04/20/88)

Might as well put in my two cents worth:

Parts 8 and 9 are nearly alike, 11 and 12 never got here ;-(.

So it looks like we have a general problem. How about a repost
of parts 11 and 12 and a clarification re. 8 and 9!

Cheers
Mike
--
usenet:  ...uunet!unido!pcsbst!sws4!mike
COMING SOON: ...uunet!unido!pcsbst!cochise!mike

c.steinb@cooper.cooper.EDU (Craig Steinberger) (04/22/88)

Well, we're missing 7,8,11 & 12 here. Maybe the whole thing should be
reposted. That will save on having umpteen requests for "can you send
me these parts".
--
Craig Steinberger at the Cooper Union, NY, NY. | ------------------
INTERNET: craig%cooper.cooper.edu@NYU.EDU      | Nobody owns beer,