[comp.sources.games.bugs] Problems with FTP site

neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jeffrey Alan Ding) (05/15/88)

Does anybody know anything about the FTP site that archives all the files
sent to comp.sources.games,comp.sources.unix, and comp.sources.misc.
The site name is:  uunet.uu.net.

All the files that are there are compressed.  I can get the files without
any problem but when I uncompress the files they turn into garbage,
several meg in length.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Are these files compressed with some
special program?  Please respond via E-mail.

Thanks in advance

neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu

| arpanet: neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu                                        |
|    UUCP: ihnp4!uwmcsd1!csd4!neighbor                                        |

kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (05/17/88)

From article <5803@uwmcsd1.UUCP>, by neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jeffrey Alan Ding):
> Does anybody know anything about the FTP site that archives all the files
> sent to comp.sources.games,comp.sources.unix, and comp.sources.misc.
> The site name is:  uunet.uu.net.
>
> All the files that are there are compressed.  I can get the files without
> any problem but when I uncompress the files they turn into garbage,
> several meg in length.

As far as I know, uunet uses a 144bit compress. For alternate sites:
I know that j.cc.purdue.edu has comp.sources.unix archives, I don't remember
any comp.sources.misc archives offhand by anonymous ftp, and comp.sources.games
is by anaonymous uucp only if you cannot get to uunet (ask the moderator of
comp.sources.games for the site).

--
	Bob Kusumoto                         |           Follow me!
Internet: kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu           | I'll play the game you want me,

bleckmd@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (david bleckmann) (05/25/88)

In article <4252@sphinx.uchicago.edu> kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) writes:
>From article <5803@uwmcsd1.UUCP>, by neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jeffrey Alan Ding):
>I know that j.cc.purdue.edu has comp.sources.unix archives, I don't remember
>is by anaonymous uucp only if you cannot get to uunet (ask the moderator of
>comp.sources.games for the site).
>
>--
>	Bob Kusumoto                         |           Follow me!
>Internet: kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu           | I'll play the game you want me,

Does anyone archive comp.sources.games.bugs?  I have noticed that
uunet doesn't have several of the patches I am looking for.

bleckmd@jacobs.cs.orst.edu