[comp.sources.games.bugs] Conquer compilation problems.

dan@cisunx.UUCP (Daniel E Eikenberry) (06/20/88)

I get the following errors compiling magic.c with -DCONQUER.
magic.c compiles okay with -DADMIN.  I have put in patch1
that just came over, but that had nothing to do with magic.c

they are probably really easy fixes, but I just haven't looked long
enough.

thanks,
dan
errors follow.

magic.c: 608: mvaddstr: argument mismatch
magic.c: 611: mvaddstr: argument mismatch
magic.c: 614: mvaddstr: argument mismatch
"magic.c", line 607: syntax error
"magic.c", line 610: percent undefined
"magic.c", line 610: syntax error
"magic.c", line 610: warning: undeclared initializer name count
"magic.c", line 610: illegal indirection
"magic.c", line 610: constant expected
"magic.c", line 610: syntax error
"magic.c", line 610: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 610: warning: undeclared initializer name ry
"magic.c", line 610: warning: illegal combination of pointer and integer, op =
"magic.c", line 610: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 610: warning: illegal combination of pointer and integer, op =
"magic.c", line 610: syntax error
"magic.c", line 610: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 610: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 610: warning: illegal combination of pointer and integer, op =
"magic.c", line 610: syntax error
"magic.c", line 610: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 611: illegal indirection
"magic.c", line 611: warning: illegal combination of pointer and integer, op =
"magic.c", line 611: syntax error
"magic.c", line 613: syntax error
"magic.c", line 613: illegal indirection
"magic.c", line 613: constant expected
"magic.c", line 613: syntax error
"magic.c", line 613: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 613: illegal initialization
"magic.c", line 613: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 613: illegal initialization
"magic.c", line 613: syntax error
"magic.c", line 613: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 613: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 613: syntax error
"magic.c", line 613: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 614: illegal indirection
"magic.c", line 614: illegal initialization
"magic.c", line 614: syntax error
"magic.c", line 615: redeclaration of chance
"magic.c", line 616: syntax error
"magic.c", line 617: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 617: warning: old-fashioned initialization: use =
"magic.c", line 619: syntax error
"magic.c", line 644: type undefined
"magic.c", line 705: done undefined
"magic.c", line 705: i undefined
"magic.c", line 705: y undefined
*** Error code 1
--
Dan "Belgarion" Eikenberry			ZETS ZETS!!!!!!!!!!!!
University of Pitsburgh: Faculty TEC Center: Faculty Consultant

smile@homxc.UUCP (E.BARLOW) (06/21/88)

In article <10511@cisunx.UUCP>, dan@cisunx.UUCP (Daniel E Eikenberry) writes:
> I get the following errors compiling magic.c with -DCONQUER.
> magic.c compiles okay with -DADMIN.  I have put in patch1
> that just came over, but that had nothing to do with magic.c

Oops... I dont know why my compiler did not catch this stuff.  Change
the mvaddstr on 608,611,and 614 to mvprintf, and it appears that I
did a global change of "count" to (*count)" which changed country
to (*count)ry, which is undefined.  I donot know how this happened.
Change it back, and life should be much happier.

The Ed

jas@dadent (Jay Schrauner) (06/21/88)

I've also had problems compiling conquer.  Initially I tried to compile on
a Masscomp but io.c generated strange errors so next I tried on a Vax running
a modified Ultrix.  This time the program compiled fine once I used the
suggested -ltermcap option but running admin generates segmentation faults.

Any suggestions?

Jay Shrauner
jas@dadent.wustl.edu
milamber@othello.stanford.edu
dilvish@portia.stanford.edu

kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (06/22/88)

In article <10511@cisunx.UUCP> dan@cisunx.UUCP (Daniel E Eikenberry) writes:
>they are probably really easy fixes, but I just haven't looked long
>enough.
>magic.c: 608: mvaddstr: argument mismatch
>magic.c: 611: mvaddstr: argument mismatch
>magic.c: 614: mvaddstr: argument mismatch

On these lines, mvaddstr has 4 arguements instead of 3. If you remove the last
one, it should compile OK, but the line will look a little funny.  Anyone want
to add a bugfix so it looks good?

--
	Bob Kusumoto                         |           Follow me!
Internet: kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu           | I'll play the game you want me,

rjd@occrsh.ATT.COM (06/22/88)

::I've also had problems compiling conquer.  Initially I tried to compile on
::a Masscomp but io.c generated strange errors so next I tried on a Vax running
::a modified Ultrix.  This time the program compiled fine once I used the
::suggested -ltermcap option but running admin generates segmentation faults.
::
::Any suggestions?
::
::Jay Shrauner

  Just an aside: Conquer compiled first try on a AT&T 3B2 model 310 running
release 2.0.4 System V Unix.  One minor bug in the makefile assuming that
the destination directory existed prior to moving "newhelp" before the makefile
created the directory.  It seems to run just fine too, though I know so little
about it that I really haven't done much or had any time to.

Randy