[comp.sources.games.bugs] Does anyone have a running Conquer

Macros@altger.UUCP (Macros) (07/02/88)

OK! I've installed conquer, i've included the official patch #1,
I've changed the directories in the Makefile for my own test-installation.

I did a make... it compiled beautifully.
I did a make new_game and installed my own country, perfect!

But when I try to run the bastard (I cd into the runv directory)
it tells that it can't open the data file!

Sorry to distribute this worldwide, but as the author is only reachable
via ihnp4 and someone posted that ATT is closing its Mail/News service
I hope to get help from someone else.

Thanks a million!
Mike

mrharrison@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Mike Harrison) (07/10/88)

In article <830@altger.UUCP> Macros@altger.UUCP (Macros) writes:

>But when I try to run the bastard (I cd into the runv directory)
>it tells that it can't open the data file!

What I did was to copy the data file into the same directory as the
executables, and run conquer using ./conquer -d/dirname, where dirname
is the name of the directory the data file is located in.
It worked then. You may have to do the same thing for admin.
                        Mick

---
mrharrison@dahlia.waterloo.edu