[comp.sources.games.bugs] Conquer - How do ship get movement points?

markhof@exunido.uucp (Ingolf Markhof) (07/13/88)

Is there anyone how nows how ships can get mvement points? I've a ship
but can't move it because of the lack of movement points.

Ingolf Markhof!

slindahl@udenva.cair.du.edu (Steve J. Lindahl) (07/28/88)

In article <436@laura.UUCP> markhof@exunido.UUCP (Ingolf Markhof) writes:
>Is there anyone how nows how ships can get mvement points? I've a ship
>but can't move it because of the lack of movement points.

I am also having a similar problem.  I have two navies but they are worthless
becuase they do not transport anything.  Nor can I get them to land on any
shore (quite annoying).  I have drafted a crew but am not sure how to get
them on the ship.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!!!

--
Do not ask for fulfillment in all your life,  | slindahl@udenva.cair.du.edu
     but for patience to accept frustration.  | slindahl@ducair.BITNET

adb@buengc.BU.EDU (Adam Bryant) (07/29/88)

In article <10525@dutyche.cair.du.edu> slindahl@tyche.cair.du.edu.UUCP (Steve "Mr. Rourke" Lindahl) writes:
>I am also having a similar problem.  I have two navies but they are worthless
>becuase they do not transport anything.  Nor can I get them to land on any
>shore (quite annoying).  I have drafted a crew but am not sure how to get
>them on the ship.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!!!

     There were a number of bugs in the code for the movement of ships.
They should mostly be fixed from the first 3 patches for version 3.0 of
conquer.  A number of other bugs with the ships should be fixed with the
most recently posted patches (4 and 5).
     I have yet to fully test the ships myself, but I believe that you
need to have marines on a ship in order to land the ship in enemy
territory.  I haven't looked at the code to verify it, but it is
mentioned in the helpfile.  From what I have done in testing, it seems
as though you also need a certain number of movement points to be able
to land  (although I am uncertain about this).

adam bryant
--
    Adam Bryant                     ||  ARPANET: adb@buengc.bu.edu
    915 Beacon St.  Apt #1          ||  BITNET: adb@buenga engb0du@buacca