[comp.sources.games.bugs] Omega, inventory bugs

malloy@nprdc.arpa (Sean Malloy) (08/04/88)

In article <35262@aero.ARPA> JJones@sunkissed.UUCP (Jeffrey R. Jones) writes:

> [description of two-handed weapon bug]

>Also, if you drop either one and pick it back up, the name gets fudged
>completely to something like "quarterstaff,+" or "qustaff   ;".

I've found a similar bug with inventories in general. Over the course
of time, omega can forget about the names of things in your inventory.
In a recent game, the following inventory lines got munged:

-- d) right shoulder: h		(really blessed cloak of true sight +1)
>> e) belt: 			(really staff of enchantment)
-- n> finger:  +1		(really ring of protection +1)
-- o> finger: blessed  +1	(really blessed ring of self knowledge +1)

None of the functions of the items get lost, just the names in the
inventory. I haven't found where the descriptions get munged yet; perhaps
the solution is simply to refresh the descriptions from the the Objects[]
array every so often.

	Sean Malloy
	Navy Personnel Research & Development Center
	San Diego, CA 92152-6800
	malloy@nprdc.arpa