[comp.sources.games.bugs] Yet another Omega bug

dwosnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (David Olix) (08/29/88)

****** Foul line-eater, may thou overeat! ******

OK. I just returned to the army of Omega debuggers, so if there is an
*official* list of recent fixes, would someone please mail them to me
(no need to post).  I have one that I don't remember seeing though:

When in inventory control mode, it is possible to drop cursed items.
Although this is a useful way to get rid of those unwanted, useless
things, it is still a bug.  Anyway, all that is needed is to insert
these lines into the procedure drop_from_slot() in oinv.c:

    if (n > 0) {  /* This line already exists */
      if (!cursed(Player.possessions[slot])) { /* Add this line */
      }
      else { /* Add the following */
	print3("You can't seem to get rid of: ");
	nprint3(itemid(Player.possessions[slot]));
      }

or something like that.

-- No signoff necessary
     dwosnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu

wsinrobg@eutrc3.UUCP (Rob Gerth) (08/31/88)

In article <1012@nmtsun.nmt.edu> dwosnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (David Olix) writes:
>****** Foul line-eater, may thou overeat! ******
>
>OK. I just returned to the army of Omega debuggers, so if there is an
>*official* list of recent fixes, would someone please mail them to me
>(no need to post).  I have one that I don't remember seeing though:

If there is such a list, I'd like a copy too.
--
					Rob Gerth

uucp:	mcvax!eutrc3!wsinrobg	| Eindhoven University of Technology
bitnet: wsdcrobg@heitue5	| 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands