[comp.sources.games.bugs] More Omega2 Bugs

dwosnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (David Olix) (09/04/88)

***** Choke on it, lineater! *****

OK, I just found another omega bug, and it could be nasty.

First, I need to set clear an issue raised after I posted my last
bugfix concerning the ability to drop cursed items through inventory
control mode.  After posting the fix, I received mail from a few people
indicating that one should be able to drop cursed items from ICM since
the are really not picked up yet.  This makes sense as long as one is
picking up the item at the moment, but not after one has already picked
it up.  Example:

  My character finds a cursed suit of armor and puts it on.  I later
  notice that his armor class got worse instead of better so I hit 'i'
  for an inventory, moved the >> to the armor slot, and hit 'd'. Bye-bye
  cursed armor.

i.e. I still think this is a bug.

Now for the new problems...
This is a spoiler for those of you who don't want to fix the bug so...

When you find a scroll of acquirement you can use it indefinitely as long
as you are careful.  First, read the scroll.  You magically acquire an
item and are sent into ICM.  There you exchange the new up-in-the-air item
with the scroll of acquirement and either drop the scroll or hit ESC.  In
either case you have a new item where the scroll used to be and the scroll
lays on the ground ready for another use.  In other words, by the
time dispose_lost_objects() is called in peruse() in ocom2.c, the item no
longer exists in the inventory, and is thus never removed.

I don't really have a good bugfix for this one, my only one is kind of a
kludge so I won't post it here.  Besides, that's what Laurence is for!

I also hear rumors about how a wand of lossage/cursed wand of apportation
can do wonders for your inventory, so now to check those out...

I am still looking for a list of all of the old problems (say, since July)
so if anyone has them please mail them to me.

-- No fancy signoffs necessary,
David Olix (dwosnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu)

neal@cs.rochester.edu (Neal Gafter) (09/08/88)

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 88 21:07:54 EDT
From: miller
Subject: omega bug:

When holding a great axe (2h weapon) I did an enchant on a).

It treated a and b as two weapons, so I could put the old one in my pack and
had an enchanted one in a) which I then could x to b and use two hands again.

Cloning weapons for fun (and profit!)
--
Arpa:	neal@cs.rochester.edu (Neal Gafter)
UUCP:	...{rocksvax|allegra|decvax}!rochester!neal