[comp.sources.games.bugs] DIR/NEW

4204_5147@uwovax.uwo.ca (Claude Morin) (10/24/88)

Another question about wanderer characters: what are the 'O's in the large
pile in the bottom right corner of level 20?  The help command doesn't mention
these either(unless my eyes are broken).

	- Claude Morin

maujp@warwick.ac.uk (Steven Shipway) (11/01/88)

In article <828@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4204_5147@uwovax.uwo.ca (Claude Morin) writes:
>Another question about wanderer characters: what are the 'O's in the large
>pile in the bottom right corner of level 20?  The help command doesn't mention
>these either(unless my eyes are broken).

OK, in response to this and other querys:
 The pile of O's is the default icon used by the program if it comes accross a
character in the screen file that is doesnt recognise. They work exactly
the same as #'s, ie impassable rock. The pile appears on level 20 because
the net seems to have eaten a space out of the last line in the screen
file, but dont worry - that part of screen 20 is still possible to complete.
In one of the later screens ( I forget which ) there is some text in the
middle that also appears as O's when you play on the icon screen.

 Next, the question of the "s. On the editor, pressing " allows you to enter
the next character literally (undocumented) so this way you can put a 'p' into
your screen, if you want. I also seem to remember that the editor converts
some unacceptable characters to "s and '.'s.

 I have also been working on further additions to the game - would anyone
be interested in a posting of diffs to (a) clear up one minor map bug, (b) add
an encryption routine on the saved games, and (c) make it so that pressing '@'
will center you in the middle of the screen? The last in particular is very
simple.

 I cant post it all now because I havent been able to make the diffs yet.

-Steve
{maujp,csupt}@uk.ac.warwick.cu
...!mcvax!uunet!ukc!warwick!{maujp,csupt}

PS - Please use the editor to create new screens, and mail them to me with
a solution.