[comp.sources.games.bugs] Xconq 5.1

brett@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Brett Reid) (11/03/88)

Have there been any bug fixes posted for xconq 5.1?  Namely, a fix
to stop the game from going into a seemingly endless look right in
the middle of the game?

Thanks for the info.

Brett Reid  -- brett@boulder.Colorado.EDU
University of Colorado at Boulder
Comp.Sci.(systems)   303/492-6096

bbc@titan.rice.edu (Benjamin Chase) (11/08/88)

In article <4439@boulder.Colorado.EDU> brett@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Brett Reid) writes:
>Have there been any bug fixes posted for xconq 5.1?  Namely, a fix
>to stop the game from going into a seemingly endless loop right in
>the middle of the game?

I haven't seen many posted fixes to xconq 5.1

I think the loop in the infinite loops are caused by bad interactions
between the machine player, and producing units in places where the builder
can't supply resources for the new units.  An example is producing
destroyers in desert towns, which is something that the machine player seems
to enjoy.  I worked on a fix, that would prevent the machine player from
ordering the production of units in towns that couldn't supply them, but
apparently didn't get it correct.  I'll post, but it may have to be re-fixed
by someone else.

I have reliable fixes for other bugs.  Is there a public interest, or should
I mail direct?  Also, what's the standard format for posting such things?
"diff -somethingorother"?

	Ben Chase	bbc@rice.edu		Computer Science Dept.