[comp.sources.games.bugs] mpss

wcf@psuhcx (Bill Fenner) (07/21/88)

I just grabbed mpss, compiled it, and started playing with it.  It seems to
work fine when only one person is playing... but when a second player starts
it either says "You're in the queue, please wait" until you stop it (I let
it go for 5 minutes) or it starts right up, gives the intro, gives the
ship info, and then doesn't give you the display screen.  Can anyone help?
The machine is a Harris HCX-7 with HCX/UX v3.0.

  Thanks
     Bill

simcha@humming.UUCP (Simcha Lerner) (08/17/88)

A few weeks ago I saw a posting complaining about a bug in mpss - that
when you reenter a multi-user game after getting blown away, the screen
is cluttered with trash characters, apparently something gone wrong with
the cursor addressing.

I never saw a reply to this article.  Does anyone out there have a
fix?

simcha lerner

harvard!humming!simcha
^^^^^^^
not bbn!

ln63fee@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU (Dennis Lou) (11/09/88)

Has anyone successfully gotten mpss to run on System V?
I changed the library from sgtty to termio and the CBREAK to ICANON
accordingly and their references to c_lflag.

The problem is that it chokes on FIONREAD and TIOCNOTTY.

--
Dennis Lou
	ln63fee@sdcc13.ucsd.edu

cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Keith Cantrell) (11/10/88)

Has anybody gotten this program to work on an Apollo with different
users on different machines?

wolfer@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Wolfson) (11/11/88)

In article <6061@killer.DALLAS.TX.US>, cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Keith Cantrell) writes:

> Has anybody gotten this program to work on an Apollo with different
> users on different machines?

Or, how about -- has anybody gotten this program to work on *anything*
other than BSD UNIX?

Paul Wolfson
att!ihuxy!wolfer			""
					--Quote without comment.

chimelis@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Chris Chimelis) (11/11/88)

In article <2709@ihuxy.ATT.COM> wolfer@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Wolfson) writes:

>Or, how about -- has anybody gotten this program to work on *anything*
>other than BSD UNIX?

Nope.  Got close, though.  Under BSD, it works fine, but when I tried
porting it to our System V box, it didn't go.  What are you trying to
run it on?

chris chimelis
chimelis@refuge.colorado.edu
...ncar!boulder!refuge!chimelis