[comp.sources.games.bugs] Comments on Wanderer

rustcat@csli.STANFORD.EDU (Vallury Prabhakar) (11/12/88)

What level gave players in gameland the most satisfaction?  I certainly
do not qualify as an expert, but level 6 seemed to have the most elegant
solution of all the ones I've played till now.  Tackling the 3 rocks
approximately in the middle of the screen took some time, but was very
satisfying when it finally dawned.

On another note, landmines are rather frustrating, don't you think?  I
mean, accidentally walking into them is not fun, especially when you're
doing well all along.  It seems to me that they might as well be replaced
by walls, since they don't appear to serve any purpose.  I initially
thought that they could be used to kill monsters of different sizes,
but this is apparently not the case.  What do people think?

Other than that, it's an awfully addictive game.  At least until I manage
to get through each and every level.  Oh, and another thing.  The save
feature does not appear to work which leaves you with the options of
either aborting a good game or getting stuck in an embarrassing position
when your advisor walks in.  Could somebody fix that?

Enjoy.

--
"Only dimly aware of a				-- Vallury Prabhakar
 certain unease in the air.."

ray@csri.toronto.edu (Raymond Allen) (11/17/88)

In article <6423@csli.STANFORD.EDU> rustcat@csli.UUCP (Vallury Prabhakar) writes:
>What level gave players in gameland the most satisfaction?  I certainly
>do not qualify as an expert, but level 6 seemed to have the most elegant
>solution of all the ones I've played till now.  Tackling the 3 rocks
>approximately in the middle of the screen took some time, but was very
>satisfying when it finally dawned.

I must admit that this problem is still stumping me.  I can get to the
point where I can get under these three rocks and get the gems out, but
I find that to get totally out from under the rocks means pushing one of the
rocks into the entrance to the lower part of the map.  This means that you get
stuck and can't proceed.  Any hints or spoilers would be welcome.

BTW, I believe that in this screen, unlike all the previous ones, you must leave
1 or 2 pieces of passable earth on the screen.  Is this correct?

Thanks, as they say, in advance.
--
Ray Allen  | Someday I'm going to have to change my .signature.
utcsri!ray | All of the above is usually my own opinion.

dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) (11/23/88)

From article <8811171636.AA05943@bloor.csri.toronto.edu>, by ray@csri.toronto.edu (Raymond Allen):
> I must admit that this problem is still stumping me.  I can get to the
> point where I can get under these three rocks and get the gems out, but
> I find that to get totally out from under the rocks means pushing one of the
> rocks into the entrance to the lower part of the map.  This means that you get
> stuck and can't proceed.  Any hints or spoilers would be welcome.

OK. You can't go sideways (to the right), or down. So what's stopping you
going up? Now, what can you do to make it move?

		Hope this "helps" :-)
--
	dg@lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+
							| +-+-+
	....... !harvard!xait!lakart!dg			+-+-+ |
AKA:	dg%lakart.uucp@harvard.harvard.edu	  	  +---+