[comp.sources.games.bugs] bug in wanderer

evh@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) (11/24/88)

Any reason why the score in the save game file is a short but
its an int in the hi score file?????

maujp@warwick.ac.uk (S Shipway) (11/26/88)

In article <2388@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> evh@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) writes:
>Any reason why the score in the save game file is a short but
>its an int in the hi score file?????

It works OK, doesnt it?
:-)

-Steve

evh@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) (11/27/88)

>In article <2388@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> evh@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) writes:
>>Any reason why the score in the save game file is a short but
>>its an int in the hi score file?????
>
>It works OK, doesnt it?
>:-)
>
>-Steve

No it doesn't work on machines when an integer is bigger than a short.
I using a vax 8650. An int is 32 bits and a short is 16 bits.
If your score is more than 32767 and you save the game, then it gets save
into 16 bits which can only handle 32767 max. Try making it(everything
a long).  I'd appreciate a repost of the source with all the new stuff
you added if that possible. I can't reach you through the email.