[comp.sources.games.bugs] wanderer screen 16 *SPOILER*

maujp@warwick.ac.uk (S Shipway) (03/03/89)

In article <508@astbe.UUCP> ber@astbe.UUCP (H.Bernau) writes:
>I have some problems solving the wanderer screen 16. The problem is placed in
>the middle of the screen. I mean the place looking like
>
>	       #*####
>	       #    # \
>	       ###\<<<<\
>		   #*##
>		    ##

This *is* possible, I have done it myself ( in fact I even designed the
screen :-). I have recieved numerous querys about this - via mail or news,
and so here is a SPOLIER.

I mean it, this will spoil the entire screen

And this was one of my favourites. Go on, press 'j' before its too late

Well dont say I didnt warn you.

The way to do it is to get the baby monster to enter the center block FROM
BELOW.

	       # ####
	       #    # \
	       ###\<<<<\
    In here-->     #*##
	       ###  ##
                  ##

When the baby enters here, the arrows are triggered and you can get at the
treasure. Remember, baby monsters can walk *through* earth without erasing it.

-Steve

JANET:  maujp@uk.ac.warwick.cu           | "I wonder as I wander, out under
ARPA:   maujp@cu.warwick.ac.uk           |  the sky .. "  - Trad. Carol.
BITNET: maujp%uk.ac.warwick.cu@UKACRL    | "Im the wanderer, yeah the