[comp.sources.games.bugs] segmentation fault

water@wheaton.UUCP (Paul Waterman) (03/12/89)

In article <1085@ur-cc.UUCP> lmna_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Louis Nau) writes:
>	I too have the same problem.  Could someone please either post
>or mail me as to why it does this?  It compiles without any problem, but
>just dumps core when run.  I am trying to run it on a Sun 3/280S with SunOS.
>Thanks for any help you can give.  I really want to run this game.

First of all, are you talking about tetris or tetrix?  If it is tetris that you
are talking about, you need to read the documentation more clearly.  It says
that the package he uses for curses is BSD specific.  This means it no compile
on SunOS.

If this is not the problem, perhaps providing more details would be helpful.
Do you get any type of error/other message when you compile it?  Does it print
anything on the screen before it coredumps?  Etc...

.------------------------------------------------.         Paul Waterman
`------------------------------------------------'     voice: (312) 260-5683

mrharrison@orchid.waterloo.edu (Mike) (03/16/89)

In article <921@wheaton.UUCP> water@wheaton.UUCP (Paul Waterman) writes:
>In article <1085@ur-cc.UUCP> lmna_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Louis Nau) writes:
>>	I too have the same problem.  Could someone please either post
>>or mail me as to why it does this?  It compiles without any problem, but
>>just dumps core when run.  I am trying to run it on a Sun 3/280S with SunOS.
>>Thanks for any help you can give.  I really want to run this game.
>
>First of all, are you talking about tetris or tetrix?  If it is tetris that you
>are talking about, you need to read the documentation more clearly.  It says
>that the package he uses for curses is BSD specific.  This means it no compile
>on SunOS.

I'm running Tetris on Sun Unix. It core dumps when I try running it with
no arguments. However, when I run it like this:
	      tetris -L 0

it works fine.

Mike
Mike Harrison                   | "How are you? You have been in Afghanistan,
mrharrison@orchid.waterloo.edu  |  I perceive." -- Sherlock Holmes to Dr. John