[comp.sources.games.bugs] How do you Play G/B?

vancleef@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu (05/11/89)

A miracle, I got Galactic Bloodshead setup with no problems at all
(considering I am an infant to Unix, this is commendable) - however,
I have one question... HOW DO YOU PLAY THE THING?

Once I get my galaxy and everyhting set up, I can't do anything...
how do i move my guys? how do i improve my technology? what do you do?

Could someone please post a description of how this game is supposed to
work? some examples would be very nice...

Garrett

joel@dtscp1.UUCP (Joel Rives) (05/11/89)

In article <404@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu> vancleef@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:
>A miracle, I got Galactic Bloodshead setup with no problems at all
>(considering I am an infant to Unix, this is commendable) - however,
>I have one question... HOW DO YOU PLAY THE THING?

It sounds to me as if you haven't started the GB_daemon. In the Makefile
I received with the source, the compilation of this daemon was commented
out. This may be your case also. In any case, once the GB_daemon program
is compiled you can start it from the Makefile (maybe :-) or just look
in the make file under the rule for "start:" and do something similar.
This daemon wakes up every onece in awhile and checks to see if it's
time to update the game (Initially, the default amount of time for the game
cycle is 3 hours. There is a parameter in tweakables.h to set this value).

It would make more sense to modify the daemon so that it does not put
itself to sleep nor do any time checks at all. Instead, use the Unix 'at'
command.

Joel