[comp.sources.games.bugs] Wanderer screen package

maujp@warwick.ac.uk (S Shipway) (05/20/89)

Hey ho, just a quick message to let you know that screen package number 3 will
be appearing in comp.sources.games shortly. This contains screens 50-60, along
with replacements for 46 and 47, which were duplicated in the previous
release. Thanks to everyone who sent in their screens, and to those of you who
tried and failed due to our bitnet address changing.
-Steve

-------------------------------+---------+------------------------------------
JANET:  maujp@uk.ac.warwick.cu |  O  /^\ | "I wonder as I wander, out under
ARPA:   maujp@cu.warwick.ac.uk | <|> \_/ |  the sky .. "  - Trad. Carol.
BITNET: maujp%uk.ac.warwick.cu | /$\ \_  | "Im the wanderer, yeah the
          @nsfnet-relay.ac.uk  | \$/   \ |  wanderer .. " - Status Quo
-------------------------------+---------+------------------------------------

swh@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (05/30/89)

Re: Wanderer screen package 3

Screen package number THREE ???!!!???

What was package number 2?

Even though the new screen numbers 50-60 suggest that nothing has been
lost, please explain your package numbering scheme.
Thanks.

billr@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) (06/02/89)

In article <11020005@hpcupt1.HP.COM> swh@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) writes:
>Re: Wanderer screen package 3
>Screen package number THREE ???!!!???
>What was package number 2?
>Even though the new screen numbers 50-60 suggest that nothing has been
>lost, please explain your package numbering scheme.
>Thanks.

Were the leading comments I wrote unclear?  wand-screens/Part01 and
wand-screens/Part02 (previously posted as Volume 6, Issues 7 and 8) contained
the set of screens 1 thru 49.  wand-screens/Part03, recently posted as
Volume 6 Issue 74, contains screens 50 thru 60.  So when combined, parts 1-3
will give you screens 1-60.  Clear?  As I mentioned, I did it this way so
that all three parts will be in the same directory (wand-screens) at archive
sites.  The alternative would have been to post it as "wand-screens2", then
you would have to look harder to find everything.  Still clear?

	-Bill Randle
	Moderator, comp.sources.games
	Tektronix, Inc.
	games@saab.CNA.TEK.COM

maujp@warwick.ac.uk (S Shipway) (06/02/89)

-=> swh@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) writes ... <=-
>Screen package number THREE ???!!!???
>What was package number 2?

The screens posted starting from screen.1 were package 1. I later posted some
additional screens, (I cant remember the numbers). This was package 2. And
guess what, Ive just posted some more, and this is package 3. 1,2,3. It makes
sense to me... :-).
Maybe you missed package 2 at your site? Try an archive server.

-Steve (the wanderer)

ps. Im going to sit on the V3.0 sources for a little bit longer I think.
    But when they do come, there will be the entire set of screens plus more
    with them.