[comp.sources.games.bugs] Hotel lacking display.c

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (07/14/89)

The recently posted "hotel" is lacking a file named "display.c". It works
with "pcdisp.c", but the text output of the display constan't overwrites
the board part of the display.

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
***  Copyright 1989 by Sean Casey. Only non-profit redistribution permitted.

srt@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Scott Turner) (07/14/89)

In article <12160@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>The recently posted "hotel" is lacking a file named "display.c". It works
>with "pcdisp.c", but the text output of the display constan't overwrites
>the board part of the display.

Sorry about this, folks.  I thought I elided the reference to "display.o"
but I hadn't.  Simply replace the reference to "display.o" in the makefile
with "pcdisp.o".  Everything should work then.

Sean, I don't know why you're having trouble with overwriting.  A different
version of curses/Unix, perhaps?  Hotel was tested under SunOS and a Vax
750 running 4.3 BSD.

BTW, send mail to srt@cs.ucla.edu, not srt@aero.aerospace.org, since
Aerospace's net connection is down.

						-- Scott Turner

    Scott R. Turner
    UCLA Computer Science     "All jammed together in one great celebration of joy."
    Domain: srt@cs.ucla.edu