[comp.sources.games.bugs] NetHack 3.0: Makefile.tcc's missing control character

linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mike Threepoint) (07/28/89)

The granger@cg-atla.UUCP (Pete Granger) writes:
-=> In part 04:
-=>
-=> I got a message which told me that others/Makefile.tcc had unpacked with
-=> the wrong size, and that one control character may be missing. From the
-=> presence of the line about one control character being missing, it looks as
-=> though this is an expected result. So, how do I fix it? Or will it
-=> automatically be corrected when I download to my DOS machine and
-=> the file gets converted to DOS format?

This is due to the "echo ^G" line after the link command.  Some
mailers munch such control characters, particularly obnoxious ones
like ^G.

granger@cg-atla.UUCP (Pete Granger) (07/29/89)

In article <Jul.27.18.36.06.1989.13600@topaz.rutgers.edu> linhart@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mike Threepoint) writes:
>The granger@cg-atla.UUCP (Pete Granger) writes:

>-=> I got a message which told me that others/Makefile.tcc had unpacked with
>-=> the wrong size, and that one control character may be missing.

>This is due to the "echo ^G" line after the link command.  Some
>mailers munch such control characters, particularly obnoxious ones
>like ^G.

Thanks, Mike, you've saved me. I've just packed up my office to leave this site
forever, and I was running one last check on news. Now I can fix Makefile.tcc
and be happy!

Au revoir, mes amis!

 Pete Granger  (No longer granger@cg-atla, soon to be peg@brunix, I think.)