[comp.sources.games.bugs] Nethack 3 Patch 4 problem

libove@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) (09/30/89)

I applied the level 4 patches to nethack 3, which I've been
keeping in original form (except that I have always tossed
the others/ directory to save space) through the first three
patches, and this time when I went to rebuilt it, I got:

Undefined:
_occupation
_afternmv
_newgame
_moveloop
_stop_occupation
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

This was on a nice normal 4.3 BSD vax. (Well, Mach, not BSD, but
nobody should be able to tell the difference). Has anyone else
run in to this? Is there a know cause/fix as yet?

Thanks in advance...
--
Jay Libove			Internet: libove@andrew.cmu.edu
5731 Centre Avenue, Apt 3	BITNET: libove@drycas

news@topaz.rutgers.edu (News) (09/30/89)

The libove@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) writes:
-=> I applied the level 4 patches to nethack 3, which I've been
-=> keeping in original form (except that I have always tossed
-=> the others/ directory to save space) through the first three
-=> patches, and this time when I went to rebuilt it, I got:
-=>
-=> Undefined:
-=> _occupation
-=> _afternmv
-=> _newgame
-=> _moveloop
-=> _stop_occupation
-=> *** Exit 1
-=> Stop.
-=> *** Exit 1
-=> Stop.

These functions were moved from the various *main.c's to the new file
allmain.c.  Perhaps it ended up in the wrong directory, or your patch
doesn't create files from scratch.

-3.

libove@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) (10/01/89)

In article <6352@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, libove@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) writes:

> I applied the level 4 patches to nethack 3, which I've been
> keeping in original form (except that I have always tossed
> the others/ directory to save space) through the first three
> patches, and this time when I went to rebuilt it, I got:

> Undefined:
> [deleted]

Two people mailed to me and indicated that the missing routines
were all declared in src/allmain.c, which I indeed had, _but_ which
I had not compiled... since src/Makefile.src got patched up to
date, but src/Makefile didn't ...

Now that I've copied src/Makefile.src to src/Makefile and re-edited
in my site changes, the world works wonderfully again!

(Lycanthropy used to be such a pain!)

Thanks folks!
--

hanst@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Hans Trompert) (10/02/89)

In article <6352@pt.cs.cmu.edu> libove@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) writes:
->Undefined:
->_occupation
->_afternmv
->_newgame
->_moveloop
->_stop_occupation
->*** Exit 1

Same problem here ! I've browsed the sources, but couldn't find a clue.
We're running 4.2BSD on a Sequent Balance, this is a normal Unix (as far
as I know).
Is this a bug in patchlevel 4 ?
HELP !!!!!

We've got an additional problem, the patches included vprintf and vsprintf,
and we don't have this routines ! Could somebody help us (maybe send sources) ?

Bye,
--
% S-mail: Hans Trompert, Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam,                      %
%         Technische en Maritieme Faculteit, Afd. Technische Computerkunde,  %

dhawk@well.UUCP (David Hawkins) (10/03/89)

In article <6352@pt.cs.cmu.edu> libove@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) writes:
>Undefined:
>_occupation
>_afternmv
>_newgame
>_moveloop
>_stop_occupation
>*** Exit 1

I had the same problem until I copied the new src/Makefile.src
to Makefile and altered it.    I guess after installing patches one
should do a  make clean, re-install all the Makefiles and then
recompile.

This on a Sequent B8.

later, david
--
David Hawkins - dhawk@well.sf.ca.us - {apple,pacbell,hplabs,ucbvax}!well!dhawk
+ "To consider persons and events and situations only in the light of their +

edb_thorsten@debet.nhh.no (Thorsten Lockert) (10/04/89)

I've applied patch #4 for NetHack 3, and have some problems compiling it
under Xenix/386 2.3.2...  It seems that some fields is missing from one
of the structures defined in rm.h (omask, mmask and some others).  These
are referred to through a preprocessor define named levl.  Also, another
preprocessor variable is misspelled some places (GREY where is should be
GRAY)...  Anyone?

--
Thorsten Lockert          ...!{major site}!ifi.uio.no!bbb.uu.no!thorsten
Bergen By Byte A/S                                    thorsten@bbb.uu.no