[comp.sources.games.bugs] Stupid

erict@flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) (10/01/89)

objects.c #include's "decl.h" which also includes you.h, which needs to
know a value for NUMMONS.  I uncommented the include for decl.h in
objects.c, and it compiled/linked up to the makedefs stage with
no problem.  We'll see how the rest of the compile goes...

If decl.h is needed in objects.c for some other part of the program,
what then do I do?
--
"All MIDI has done, in my estimation, is empower a whole new generation
of Drekmeisters." -- Todd Rundgren

gjoost@westc.UUCP (Gertjan van Oosten) (10/05/89)

erict@flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>objects.c #include's "decl.h" which also includes you.h, which needs to
>know a value for NUMMONS.  I uncommented the include for decl.h in
>objects.c, and it compiled/linked up to the makedefs stage with
>no problem.  We'll see how the rest of the compile goes...

>J. Eric Townsend unet!sugar!flatline!erict com6@uhnix1.uh.edu

I did the following:
I created the file 'pm.h' in the include directory, containing only the line:

#define NUMMONS 100 /* or some other arbitrary value */

I then compiled 'makedefs', ran 'makedefs -p', which creates 'pm.h'.
Finally, I recompiled 'makedefs' with this pm.h and ran 'makedefs -p' again,
just to be on the safe side.

This definitely is a bootstrap problem.

Regards,
| Gertjan van Oosten                                mcvax!westc!gjoost |
|                         West Consulting bv                           |
| Phoenixstraat 49          P.O. Box 3318           Tel: +31-15-123190 |
| 2611 AL  Delft            2601 DH  Delft          Fax: +31-15-147889 |
|                          The Netherlands                             |