[comp.sources.games.bugs] nethack3

johnk@peyote.cactus.org (John Knutson) (07/27/89)

Last night I set nethack to compile.  This morning there was a message in
my mailbox telling me that the make had terminated with do_wear.c at line
1338.  I checked out the file and this is what i saw:
	otmp = (struc
t obj *) 0;

Can I correctly assume it's supposed to be "otmp = (struft obj *) 0;"?

fmiller@arich.usc.edu (Frank 'Scruffy' Miller) (07/28/89)

In article <43@peyote.cactus.org> johnk@peyote.cactus.org (John Knutson) writes:
>Last night I set nethack to compile.  This morning there was a message in
>my mailbox telling me that the make had terminated with do_wear.c at line
>1338.  I checked out the file and this is what i saw:
>	otmp = (struc
>t obj *) 0;
>
>Can I correctly assume it's supposed to be "otmp = (struft obj *) 0;"?

I had the same problem, did the aforementioned correction, and compiled away
proper.

Frank

hartung@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jeff Hartung) (07/29/89)

#1338.  I checked out the file and this is what i saw:
#	otmp = (struc
#t obj *) 0;
#
#Can I correctly assume it's supposed to be "otmp = (struft obj *) 0;"?

Yep.  When I extracted the part that contained do_wear.c, I got a
message that do_wear.c was extracted with the wrong size.  An "ls -l"
revealed that it was one extra byte in size.  Later, when I compiled
it, I found it ... the ^M (or ^J ?) between the c and t in the word
'struct'.  Just join the two lines and it'll compile just fine.

 --Jeff Hartung--
 Disclaimer: My opinions only, etc., etc., BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!...
 ARPA - hartung@amos.ucsd.edu
 UUCP - ucsd!amos.ucsd.edu!hartung

nick@stca77.stc.oz (Nick Lochrin) (12/04/89)

Has anyone had any problems compiling nethack3  with the level 6 patches ?

There may be a problem with the new additions to split off INFERNO from HARD
in the configuration file.

This first showed up when mhitu.c was compiled and the compiler complained that
PM_SUCCUBUS was not defined. I think this is due to the fact that INFERNO is
not defined anywhere and therefore the succubus entry in monst.c does not get
included when pm.h is made by makedefs, but it is referenced if SEDUCE is set.

Maybe what is required is something like:

#ifdef SEDUCE
#define INFERNO	1
#endif

in config.h. For the time being, I just added -DINFERNO to CFLAGS and everything
seemed to work ok. Does anyone else have any thoughts ?

nick.
--
Nick Lochrin                 nick@stca77.stc.oz
Alcatel STC Australia        ...!uunet!stca77.stc.oz!nick

awn@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Andrew Wilson) (12/08/89)

I noticed a strange thing whilst playing Nethack V3 Patchlevel 6 in
normal play mode:

	o	My stats line said I was Feinting
	o	I ate a food ration and got attacked before I
		could finish it.
	o	I stopped eating and hacked the baddy, killing it.
	o	My stats line still said Feinting
	o	I picked up the baddy corpse and the partially eaten
		food ration and walked to an altar and sacrificed the corpse
	o	I nodiced the stats line said I was still Feinting so
		ate the rest of the food ration
	o	I then got the message:

		"You regain consciousness."

		And Feinting disappeared.

I wasn't aware that there was a SLEEPWALK option in this game!

A.