[comp.sources.games.bugs] more mud

me@karl.pcs.com (Michael Elbel) (02/07/90)

In article <7764@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu> VANCLEEF@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:

   how the f*** do you create a room in this game ?!

Try @dig for a first start, then you have to @open a exit in the room you're in
and @link the exit to your new room.

   i have tried everything andi am getting irritated by the lack of
   documentation !

A couple of things are documented in the library from small.db. For instance
you find the syntax of many commands there (though not all I think, there is
more in the function that parses the input).

To set the WIZARD bit for example you have to say '@set <player> = WIZARD'.
But I still have many questions. Like: How do you make pennies appear
in rooms?

If any of the authors is listening, I'd like to know if there is really no
documentation to the game.

Meanwhile, We have an excerpt of the docs from the library here.
If others are interested I can mail it out or even post it.
--
Michael (X) Elbel 	|  No, I haven't lost my mind, I just
 me@dude.PCS.COM 	|  forgot it in the rush this morning

melkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Michael Elkins) (02/09/90)

In article <ME.90Feb7133511@karl.pcs.com> me@karl.pcs.com (Michael Elbel) writes:
>But I still have many questions. Like: How do you make pennies appear
>in rooms?

I believe that in config.h there is some type of defintion of what chance
(in 10) there is of finding pennies at any given time, but not in a specific
room...

Hope I helped.

virtually,
-me
--Wizard in training--

|   /| /|___   | melkins@hmcvax.claremont.edu  | "ACK!!!                      |
|  / |/ |__    | melkins@jarthur.claremont.edu |     ...It's not just a word, |
|       |___   | ...uunet!jarthur!melkins      |        but a state of mind." |