[comp.sources.games.bugs] castle bugs

aldrich@maxzilla.encore.com (Al Aldrich) (02/27/90)

I am also having trouble with saving a game AND when I try
to go to the second level I get a core dump with a
TRAP/ BPT message. Any one else get this and/or figure out
a fix for it yet?

| Alan  Aldrich  | INET aldrich@maxzilla.encore.com | "..if you understood |
| Product Support| UUCP !encore!maxzilla!aldrich    | everything I said,   |
|   Manager      | 1-800-851-7313                   | you'd be me."        |
| Encore Computer| 1-508-460-0500 x2992             |              m.davis |

steve@wintermute.ucsd.edu ({Darkavich}) (02/28/90)

In article <11241@encore.Encore.COM> aldrich@maxzilla.encore.com (Al Aldrich) writes:

>I am also having trouble with saving a game AND when I try
>to go to the second level I get a core dump with a
>TRAP/ BPT message. Any one else get this and/or figure out
>a fix for it yet?

I have solved the bug about saving.
You need to manually create a directory named /usr/tmp/CASTLE.
this is where the program saves it's games.
it is in castle.h under #define SAVE_DIR "/usr/tmp/CASTLE"
I have tried to change this to something better like
"/usr/games/lib/castle/save" but when I run the program I get an error
trying to read the hours file.

Hope this helps.
	Steve Misrack
	steve@ucsd.edu