[comp.sources.games.bugs] Bug in Castle

steve@wintermute.ucsd.edu ({Darkavich}) (03/02/90)

I seem to have found a bug.cheat in castle
If you cast a Heal (h) spell you do not loose spell points.
secondly My machine locked up when I reached experiance level 21.

I am running on a sun sparc, with patch level 1

	Steve Misrack
	steve@ucsd.edu

h44394@leah.Albany.Edu (Michael R. Hoffman) (03/02/90)

In article <12085@ucsd.Edu>, steve@wintermute.ucsd.edu ({Darkavich}) writes:
> I seem to have found a bug.cheat in castle
> If you cast a Heal (h) spell you do not loose spell points.

	We get the same bug here in Albany running 4.3BSD on a Sperry 7000.

> secondly My machine locked up when I reached experiance level 21.
> I am running on a sun sparc, with patch level 1
> 	Steve Misrack
> 	steve@ucsd.edu

	Well, I don't know about the second bug because we haven't had time
to play until level 21 (my friend is at 18, I am at 14, so I'll know whether
it crashes tomorrow).

	We still cannot use the "Passwords".  Neither "death", "lance", nor
"armor" work on any level.  The problem occurs on compilation because the
code in store.c (line 227:  char work[];) creates a "null storage definition"
error.  It seems that word[] must be initialized with a value or number size.
Any ideas how to fix this?  I have used "char word[32]" which compiles fine,
doesn't cause crashes, but also effectively destroys the password checker.

						Mike Hoffman
						h44394@leah.albany.edu