[net.micro] References to books on PL/M

sundar@cwruecmp.UUCP (Sundar Iyengar) (01/07/84)

	A friend of mine is looking for an introductory book on
	PL/M. His only experience with high level languages is
	with FORTRAN IV. He is finding the language manuals
	supplied by the manufacturer hard to read and learn from.
	I think he wants books that explain the features of the
	language with many examples (something like books on
	PASCAL, C etc).
		Is there any one with appropriate references?

	Thanks for your information.

	Sundar Iyengar

	decvax!cwruecmp!sundar
	sundar.Case@Rand-Relay

johnl@haddock.UUCP (01/09/84)

#R:cwruecmp:-88200:haddock:13200005:000:463
haddock!johnl    Jan  8 14:56:00 1984

If you need to learn PL/M, try

	A Guide to PL/M Programming for Microcomputer Applications
	by D. D. McCracken, Addison-Wesley, 1978.

It tells you what you need to know and has lots of examples.  It discusses
both the language and application stuff like how you program interrupts
and how you deal with ISIS, Intel's development monitor.  My paperback copy
cost about $10.

John Levine, ima!johnl

PS:  The author also taught me in sunday school in about 1962.

jsweet%uci-750a@sri-unix.UUCP (01/17/84)

From:  Jerry Sweet <jsweet@uci-750a>

I believe that there is some introductory book on PL/M out there
by Daniel McKracken.  I don't know who publishes it, but I suspect
that a call to your local Intel field office will provide a clue.

-jns

sundar.Case%rand-relay@sri-unix.UUCP (01/19/84)

Thanks for the reference. Here is the complete info on the book.

Author:		Daniel McKracken
Title:		A guide to PL/M programming for microcomputer applicataions
Publisher:	Addison-Wesley
Date:		1978 (or 77)

sundar