[comp.sources.games.bugs] Wanderer won't allow level change

joi@cbnewsc.att.com (joy.m.metcalf) (05/30/90)

I have repeatedly gathered all the $$ on level one, attempted to leave
by "Way out", and been stuck--and I do mean stuck.  I can't toggle between
the large and small maps, can't get the help screen, can't quit or save,
--in short, can't move.  The only way I can get out is to abort the game.
Has anyone else run into this problem?  How do I get to the next level?

	Joy

Joy Metcalf 	::	"O wuld that God the giftie gie us
att!iwtdu!joi	::	 to see oursel's as ithers see us "     Robbie Burns

andrewh@dasys1.uucp (andrew huie) (06/08/90)

In article <1990May30.130834.2598@cbnewsc.att.com> joi@cbnewsc.att.com (joy.m.metcalf) writes:
>I have repeatedly gathered all the $$ on level one, attempted to leave
>by "Way out", and been stuck--and I do mean stuck.  I can't toggle between
>the large and small maps, can't get the help screen, can't quit or save,
>--in short, can't move.  The only way I can get out is to abort the game.
>Has anyone else run into this problem?  How do I get to the next level?

I haven't had any problem with this -- I manage to get to the next level
pretty easily.  The problem is when I die, or I try to quit -- the whole
game freezes, and I have to ^C my way out, which leaves my terminal settings
with rather annoying values.  This happened after my first game, which did a
'Segmentation Fault: core dumped' when it tried to save a high score to a
nonexistant directory.  I've tried to recompile and relink in case the
executable got corrupted, but no luck.  Does anyone know why it does this?

PS -- I created the proper directory after the first incident, so that is
not the problem (at least, I hope not).
--
andrew huie ( andrewh@dasys1.UUCP )  | "Aren't you prepared for death?"
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX         | "Yeah, but I didn't think I was going