[comp.sources.games.bugs] TinyMUD2 compilation problem

pjb@tcom.stc.co.uk (Peter J. Bishop) (08/02/90)

Tried compiling tinymud2 today. This went OK until it reached the file
interface.c when I got the error:

gcc -O -DGOD_PRIV -DCOMPRESS -DQUIET_WHISPER -DGENDER -DHOST_NAME \
       -DCONNECT_MESSAGES -DPLAYER_LIST -DDETACH -DROBOT_MODE -DRECYCLE \
       -DTINKER -DNOFAKES -c interface.c
interface.c: In function file_date:
interface.c:1106: conflicting types for `file_date'
interface.c:139: previous declaration of `file_date'
interface.c: In function file_date:
interface.c:1116: warning: argument passing between incompatible pointer types
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I'm not too hot on ANSI C so haven't been able to work this out. Any help would
be much appreciated.

--
Peter Bishop.  <pjb@tcom.stc.co.uk> || ...!mcvax!ukc!stc!pjb
STC TSD-E, Engineering Services, 20-22 Edinburgh Way, Harlow. Essex CM20 2DE

tim@delluk.uucp (Tim Wright) (08/03/90)

In <1802@jura.tcom.stc.co.uk> pjb@tcom.stc.co.uk (Peter J. Bishop) writes:

>Tried compiling tinymud2 today. This went OK until it reached the file
>interface.c when I got the error:

>gcc -O -DGOD_PRIV -DCOMPRESS -DQUIET_WHISPER -DGENDER -DHOST_NAME \
>       -DCONNECT_MESSAGES -DPLAYER_LIST -DDETACH -DROBOT_MODE -DRECYCLE \
>       -DTINKER -DNOFAKES -c interface.c
>interface.c: In function file_date:
>interface.c:1106: conflicting types for `file_date'
>interface.c:139: previous declaration of `file_date'
>interface.c: In function file_date:
>interface.c:1116: warning: argument passing between incompatible pointer types
>*** Error code 1

>Stop.

One line says char *, one says const char * - change one or the other.
I made line 139 declare the 2nd arg as const char *. I have it up and
running so let me know if U have any more problems.

Tim
--
Tim Wright, Unix Support               | Email: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
Dell Computer Corp. (UK), Bracknell    | (pending domain registration).