[comp.sources.games.bugs] xinvaders

malek@packrat.csee.usf.edu (Ali Malek) (08/10/90)

Well, I got all 5 parts of the 'shar'ed files but when I go to unshar them it
tells me that an end_of_file was expected.  I can just insert an
end_of_file, but
that doesn't eradicate the complaint.  I'm probably doing something
stupid but if
someone can help out, it would be appreciated.  Maybe they were posted
incompletely?  Thanks in advance.

     Alireza Malek   malek@sol.csee.usf.edu
     UUCP: {uflorida,gatech}!ziggy!malek
     ARPA: malek%usf.edu@relay.cs.net.ARPA     CSNET: malek@usf.edu
     I NEVER patronized bunny rabbits!

ted@oz.plymouth.edu (The Wiz) (08/10/90)

In article <1399@ziggy.EDU> malek@packrat.csee.usf.edu (Ali Malek) writes:
>Well, I got all 5 parts of the 'shar'ed files but when I go to unshar them it
>tells me that an end_of_file was expected.  I can just insert an
>end_of_file, but
>that doesn't eradicate the complaint.  I'm probably doing something
>stupid but if
>someone can help out, it would be appreciated.  Maybe they were posted
>incompletely?  Thanks in advance.

	They were broken up, Put the parts together in order then
unshar it.

	ex: cat part1 part2 part3 ... > xinvaders
	then sh xinvaders

ferguson@cs.rochester.edu (George Ferguson) (08/10/90)

In article <1399@ziggy.EDU> malek@packrat.csee.usf.edu (Ali Malek) writes:
>Well, I got all 5 parts of the 'shar'ed files but when I go to unshar them it
>tells me that an end_of_file was expected.  I can just insert an

The shar was bust. You'll have to save the 5 parts into a file, edit the
file to remove the news headers and trailers, then unshar it. You can tell
this from the fact that the first line in the second shar started with an
X (to be removed suring unshar) rather than the expected # comment.

--
George Ferguson			ARPA: ferguson@cs.rochester.edu
University of Rochester		UUCP: {decvax,rutgers}!rochester!ferguson

malek@packrat.csee.usf.edu (Ali Malek) (08/10/90)

Mant thanks to everyone that replied to my post.  Yes I was being stupid
and I did not realize they were all 1 shar file.  For anyone interested
the fix was to
  cat file1 file 2 file3 file4 file5 > invaders and then deleting all
the header garbage.  (Searching for Article: using vi worked nicely).
Again thanks to everyone who answered.  If I didn't personally thank you
it is because my mailer is still a little confused and couldn't find you.

By the way.  This game is a very entertaining mini screen that you could
play forever (if you like shootemups :-)

     Alireza Malek   malek@sol.csee.usf.edu
     UUCP: {uflorida,gatech}!screamer!malek

dcon@cbnewsc.att.com (david.r.connet) (08/14/90)

In article <1990Aug10.131205.15634@oz.plymouth.edu> ted@oz.plymouth.edu (The Wiz) writes:
>	They were broken up, Put the parts together in order then
>unshar it.
>
>	ex: cat part1 part2 part3 ... > xinvaders
>	then sh xinvaders

Actually, if you edit all the extraneous stuff out of each part,
you can do:
	cat part1 part2 ... | sh

Dave Connet
dcon@iwtng.att.com