[net.micro] Microsoft softcard

Tappan@BBNG.ARPA (01/19/84)

From:  Dan Tappan <Tappan@BBNG.ARPA>

I tried this to just info-apple and got no responses. Maybe one of
you out in the wider world knows the answer?

                ---------------

Date: Tue 27 Dec 83 16:28:32-EST
From: Dan Tappan <Tappan@BBNG.ARPA>
Subject: Microsoft softcard
To: info-apple@BRL.ARPA

My father has a Softcard (Microsoft Z80 board), that he used to use
with an APPLE II.  Recently he traded up to a IIe. Unfortunately his
Softcard doesn't seem to work with the IIe. I have heard that there is
some timing problem between the softcard and the IIe that is fairly
easy to fix. Does anyone out there know what the problem is and/or how
to fix it?

Thanks
Dan
-------
-------

ABN.ISCAMS%usc-isid@sri-unix.UUCP (01/20/84)

Dan (and net)

We've had problems with some other low-bid Z80 cards for the IIe's,
especially in combination with 80 column operation.  We HAVE seen the
Microsoft Premium Pack operate correctly.  Donno the reason why the
problems with others or with yours.

David Kirschbaum
Toad Hall