[comp.sources.games.bugs] DMG Daemon problems...still

portside@cbnewsm.att.com (glen.r.zdroik) (02/27/91)

In article <1991Feb27.000846.804@spock.UUCP>, gandalf@spock.UUCP (Mark Halstead) writes:

> Help! I am still getting 'daemon did not respond...Terminated' messages.
> I've got a default file, and ident and mdg_clock in the right places.
> I'm trying to run it on a SparcStation running SunOS 4.1.1.  I'd really
> like to start playing this thing! So if anyone has any ideas, let me
> hear them!
>
> Advthanxance
>
> -Mark Halstead

I had this exact same problem, the problem may be one of the two.

 1) the default file you created is not in the correct format or you have a
    incorrect value in for one of the fields.

 2) the daemon must be started after you have a correct/acceptable default
    player file.

I struggled w/ this for a 2 days, I finally got someone elses default player
file off of the net, and it worked. Thank You grady@fx.com (Steven Grady) &
doug@letni.lonestar.org (Doug Davis)

Once I used these guys default file it worked, so from my experience it does
not only take a default player file but a default player file w/ CORRECT
values to get the daemon to respond. (Note: and it just isn't relying on hit
points alone because mine was jacked up to 50:50 and still did not work)

     ) Glen R. Zdroik  portside@cbnewsm.att.com  AT&T   Romm A2259
vvVVV  (908)953-4699|\  		         131 Morristown Ave.
           |/-_____         ^^^.          /\    o (Why am I Smiling?)
    _)
----