[comp.sources.games.bugs] XChomp Problem

Frank.Kaefer@Germany.SUN.COM (Frank Kaefer - SUN Germany MIS/IR - Munich) (04/20/91)

I have a problem with XChomp (from comp.sources.x). I compiled it on
a Sparcstation 1+ with OpenWin and on another Sparcstation with
vanilla X11R4 with twm and have experienced this problem on both
machines: XChomp dumpes core right after it is invoked (SIGSEV).

Is this a known problem ? Any pointers appreciated !

Cheers,
Frank
--
|  Frank Kaefer, SUN Microsystems GmbH Germany F+A IR/MIS   |
| >>>>>>>>>>>> e-mail: fkaefer@Germany.Sun.COM <<<<<<<<<<<< |

jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) (04/22/91)

(Frank Kaefer - SUN Germany MIS/IR - Munich) writes:

>I have a problem with XChomp (from comp.sources.x). I compiled it on
>a Sparcstation 1+ with OpenWin and on another Sparcstation with
>vanilla X11R4 with twm and have experienced this problem on both
>machines: XChomp dumpes core right after it is invoked (SIGSEV).
>
>Is this a known problem ? Any pointers appreciated !

Hello.  I am the author of XChomp, and although I haven't tried OpenWin,
I have compiled it on a Sparcstation 2 running vanilla X11R4 and had
no problems.  Perhaps you have corrupted sources?  If you are confident
that you don't, maybe you could recompile it with -g and send me a
"where" listing from dbx?

>|  Frank Kaefer, SUN Microsystems GmbH Germany F+A IR/MIS   |

--
| JERRY J. SHEKHEL  | POLYGEN CORPORATION  | When I was young, I had to walk |