[rec.games.moria] One more time......for the hard headed and uncooperative

simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) (02/22/88)

I am making an urgent request to whoever in concerns......

@@@   @     @@@@   @@    @@   @@@@       @@@    @@    @@  @@@@@
@  @  @     @     @  @  @     @          @  @  @  @  @      @
@@@   @     @@@@  @@@@   @@   @@@@       @@@   @  @   @@    @
@     @     @     @  @     @  @          @     @  @     @   @
@     @@@@  @@@@  @  @   @@   @@@@       @      @@    @@    @

@@@    @@@        @   @   @@   @@@   @@@@@   @@
@  @  @           @@ @@  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
@@@   @     @@@@  @ @ @  @  @  @@@     @    @@@@
@     @           @   @  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
@      @@@        @   @   @@   @  @  @@@@@  @  @

 @@    @@   @  @  @@@    @@@  @@@@   @@
@     @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @     @
 @@   @  @  @  @  @@@   @     @@@@   @@
   @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @        @
 @@    @@    @@   @  @   @@@  @@@@   @@

In the last few weeks I've posted a request for the moria sources...

Many others have posted similar request....

We all know they are out there....

If somebody would that the time and send them over the net....

  (preferably here in REC.GAMES.MORIA since our com.sources.games in not
   working right at our sight)

Moria is a great game however I would like to make some changes to my copy...

I would even send disks to somebody if they would volunteer to send me
  sources....

Somebody please speak up and send out the word that you have sources you're
  willing to send out....

Let's not hear any excuses either...
  i.e.,  "It's too long"

All others who share my desire for sources, let's please post requests
  until somebody answers our call.

MAIL REPLIES (or MORIA SOURCE) TO:    simmons@xanth.UUCP

US MAIL TO                            Greg Simmons
                                      Post Office Box 3085
                 	              Norfolk, Virginia  23514

las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) (02/23/88)

In article <4167@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@xanth.UUCP (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:
}@@@   @     @@@@   @@    @@   @@@@       @@@    @@    @@  @@@@@
}@  @  @     @     @  @  @     @          @  @  @  @  @      @
}@@@   @     @@@@  @@@@   @@   @@@@       @@@   @  @   @@    @
}@     @     @     @  @     @  @          @     @  @     @   @
}@     @@@@  @@@@  @  @   @@   @@@@       @      @@    @@    @

}@@@    @@@        @   @   @@   @@@   @@@@@   @@
}@  @  @           @@ @@  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
}@@@   @     @@@@  @ @ @  @  @  @@@     @    @@@@
}@     @           @   @  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
}@      @@@        @   @   @@   @  @  @@@@@  @  @

} @@    @@   @  @  @@@    @@@  @@@@   @@
}@     @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @     @
} @@   @  @  @  @  @@@   @     @@@@   @@
}   @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @        @
} @@    @@    @@   @  @   @@@  @@@@   @@

Likewise.  Alternatively, I am willing to send floppy disks on a round
trip from my home to yours.  Please reply, post, mail, send up smoke
signals, etc...  Please have mercy.  I cannot anonymous ftp (sigh!).

regards, Larry
--
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
- Oscar Wilde, James Whistler or George Bernard Shaw depending on who you ask

moran-william@CS.YALE.EDU (William Moran) (02/23/88)

In article <406@apr.UUCP> las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) writes:
>In article <4167@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@xanth.UUCP (Gregory S. Simmons) wri
>Likewise.  Alternatively, I am willing to send floppy disks on a round
>trip from my home to yours.  Please reply, post, mail, send up smoke
>signals, etc...  Please have mercy.  I cannot anonymous ftp (sigh!).
>
>regards, Larry
I guess if no one else is willing to post PC Moria sources, then I am.
However, I would rather let someone else do it (natural laziness).

			  William L. Moran Jr.
moran@{yale.arpa, cs.yale.edu, yalecs.bitnet}  ...{ihnp4!hsi,decvax}!yale!moran

"The treatment lasts one second, but the effects last your lifetime."
"Have you ever had a Pan-Galactic gargleblaster?"
"This is worse!"
"Freeowww!!"		-Hitch Hiker's Guide Radio Series

pyr94@psc90.UUCP (George Tasker) (02/24/88)

> }@@@    @@@        @   @   @@   @@@   @@@@@   @@
> }@  @  @           @@ @@  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
> }@@@   @     @@@@  @ @ @  @  @  @@@     @    @@@@
> }@     @           @   @  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
> }@      @@@        @   @   @@   @  @  @@@@@  @  @
>
> Likewise.  Alternatively, I am willing to send floppy disks on a round
> trip from my home to yours.  Please reply, post, mail, send up smoke
> signals, etc...  Please have mercy.  I cannot anonymous ftp (sigh!).

  These messages are becoming quite annoying to keep reading.  I tried posting
this once, but I guess it didn't get out for some reason, so here I go again.
Below is the address for Mr. Don Kneller in San Francisco.  I picked up this
article a couple of months ago and then sent Mr. Kneller 2 disks and return
postage.  He sent me one disk of archived sources, and one of archived
binaries (ps. you also get pkxarc to de-arc the stuff).
  I received my disks back about 3 weeks after sending them, but I was happy
with the response time considering there was no charge and Mr. Kneller spent
his own time copying these and sending them back (Thanks again if you read
this Mr. Kneller).
  Here's your ticket to PC-Moria. (Flame on) Please don't "waste" bits in
printing out in HUGE letters your messages.  Small ones will get the same
results, but with some of us being a little bit happier.  (Flame Off).

>You can get the binary of PCMoria from my BBS, Sci-Fido, at
>(415)655-0667 in Oakland, California, either 1200 or 2400 baud.  I do
>not have the sources available.  The file is large (56 minute download
>time at 1200 baud), and in ARC format.  Beware: PCMoria will run only
>on 640K systems.  This means no TSR programs like Sidekick!
>
>D. G. Kneller
>1468 8th Ave
>San Francisco, CA 94122
>
>PCMoria can also be obtained via anonymous ftp from COD.NOSC.MIL in
>directory pub/hack.

   .    .  .     .     __     .           _____
.     =======)	.  ==========    .       /    / _____       /   George Tasker
     .    \\_______// `--'  .~~~~~~~    /  __  /____/ _____/   Plymouth  State
  .	  (_________)(-  .    .        /____/ /____  /____/        College
    .	  .	.	.       . unh!uunet!psc90!pyr94 or dartvax!psc90!pyr94
                             "I don't know anything...I just go to school here"

rjg@sialis.mn.org (Robert J. Granvin) (02/24/88)

>} [ Please Post PC-Moria Sources ] - significantly reduced.  :-)
>
>Likewise.  Alternatively, I am willing to send floppy disks on a round
>trip from my home to yours.  Please reply, post, mail, send up smoke
>signals, etc...  Please have mercy.  I cannot anonymous ftp (sigh!).

I hate to see massive postings (or repostings) as much as anyone else.

I have a couple of people who also want PC-Moria, binaries only are
acceptable to them, but sources would be preferred.

Also, at least two people have posted that they were willing to
provide a diskette service for the binaries, sources, or both.  I
prefer this method, and contacted them both by email, as that's the
procedure they requested first.  Of course, with my luck in these
areas, neither of them responded, which is rather frustrating
(considering the fact that I knew I could reach them, and their reply
to me would easily reach here.  Now I don't even remember who they
were.  :-)

So again, I wait...

--
Robert J. Granvin           UNIVERSE: rjg@sialis.mn.org
Programmer Analyst             EARTH: ...uunet!{amdahl,hpda}!bungia!sialis!rjg

tracer@stb.UUCP (Jeff Boeing) (02/25/88)

In article <4167@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@xanth.UUCP (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:
>I am making an urgent request to whoever in concerns......
>
>@@@   @     @@@@   @@    @@   @@@@       @@@    @@    @@  @@@@@
>@  @  @     @     @  @  @     @          @  @  @  @  @      @
>@@@   @     @@@@  @@@@   @@   @@@@       @@@   @  @   @@    @
>@     @     @     @  @     @  @          @     @  @     @   @
>@     @@@@  @@@@  @  @   @@   @@@@       @      @@    @@    @
>
>@@@    @@@        @   @   @@   @@@   @@@@@   @@
>@  @  @           @@ @@  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
>@@@   @     @@@@  @ @ @  @  @  @@@     @    @@@@
>@     @           @   @  @  @  @  @    @    @  @
>@      @@@        @   @   @@   @  @  @@@@@  @  @
>
> @@    @@   @  @  @@@    @@@  @@@@   @@
>@     @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @     @
> @@   @  @  @  @  @@@   @     @@@@   @@
>   @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @     @        @
> @@    @@    @@   @  @   @@@  @@@@   @@

You tell 'em!
And I'd be just as atty to get the PC-Moria EXECUTABLE!
(But then, you know me, I'm just a leech.)
--
Jeff Boeing (which is not my real name)   |   ...!uunet!stb.uucp!tracer
------------------------------------------|----------------------------

jeff@aero.ARPA (Jeff Jones) (03/02/88)

In article <10085@stb.UUCP> tracer@stb.UUCP (Jeff Boeing) writes:

>You tell 'em!
>And I'd be just as atty to get the PC-Moria EXECUTABLE!
>(But then, you know me, I'm just a leech.)
>--
>Jeff Boeing (which is not my real name)   |   ...!uunet!stb.uucp!tracer

Listen, I am getting sick of seeing this type of message every five
messages or so. There have been at least three postings since this
stupid chain (..for the hard headed, speaking of hard headed...)
stating where the sources can be ftp'd from and one showing where
you can WRITE or CALL to get them MAILED on a disk right to you!!!
Do people just ignore these so they can post and b*tch about
(whine, whine, whine...) how nobody will post this game for me.
This is not the place to post sources or executables, so it probably
won't be done. I hope that gets through to some (...hard headed...)
heads so they quit wasting bits and net$$$ requesting something that
shouldn't be posted here anyway.

Jeff Jones (jeff@aerospace.aero.org)

tracer@stb.UUCP (Jeff Boeing) (03/21/88)

In article <26159@aero.ARPA> jeff@aero.UUCP (Jeff Jones) writes:
>In article <10085@stb.UUCP> tracer@stb.UUCP (Jeff Boeing) writes:
>>
>>You tell 'em!
>>And I'd be just as atty to get the PC-Moria EXECUTABLE!
>>(But then, you know me, I'm just a leech.)
>>--
>>Jeff Boeing (which is not my real name)   |   ...!uunet!stb.uucp!tracer
>
>Listen, I am getting sick of seeing this type of message every five
>messages or so. There have been at least three postings since this
>stupid chain (..for the hard headed, speaking of hard headed...)

Oh, wake up!  I posted that thing nearly a MONTH ago, when the great big
string-of-@-signs-spelling-PLEASE-POST-PC-MORIA-SOURCES first came out!  And
YOUR type has been wasting at least TEN TIMES the net.moola posting your gripes
about the cost of that message than it actually cost!  So, PTTTTTT!