[comp.theory] Parallel algorithms text

baase@JANUS.SDSU.EDU (Sara Baase) (11/10/90)

I will be teaching a grad course on parallel algorithms in the
spring, and I would appreciate comments on any of the available texts.
   Thanks.
				Sara Baase
 				baase@cs.sdsu.edu

hubert@spica.ucsb.edu (Hung-Hsien Hubert Chang) (11/11/90)

Akl: the desigtn and analysis aof parallel algortihsm
Printice-Hall

Bertsekas: Parallel and didstributed computation
Printice-Hall

Lakshmivarahan: analysis and design of parallel algorithms : arithmetic and
mxtrix problems:
McGraw-Hill

Gibbons: effficient parallel algorithms
Cambridge

Hung-Hsien Chang ( hubert)

P.S hubert is not my middle name , it is for the convience of American friends.

mmh@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Matthew Huntbach) (11/14/90)

In article <9011090333.AA00982@math.SDSU.EDU> Sara Baase <baase%cs.sdsu.edu@VM1.NoDak.EDU> writes:
>I will be teaching a grad course on parallel algorithms in the
>spring, and I would appreciate comments on any of the available texts.
>   Thanks.
>                               Sara Baase
>                               baase@cs.sdsu.edu

Are you interested in distributed systems or array processing?
A lot of the older texts only really address the latter,
although their titles do not make the restriction clear. My
feeling is that there aren't any good texts on distributed
algorithms because the groundwork research has not yet been
completed.

Matthew Huntbach