[comp.theory] A couple of references requested

chang@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Richard Chang) (11/22/90)

Questions about references:

Does anyone know a journal version for these papers?

1.  Szelepcsenyi's version of NSPACE[f(n)] = co-NSPACE[f(n)]
    (It was called "On the method of forcing for nondeterministic
     automata" in the Bulletin of the EATCS.  Is there a
     conference version??)

2.   The Karp-Lipton paper "Some connections between nonuniform
     and uniform complexity classes."  I only have a reference
     to the STOC '80 version.

Thanks

Richard

chang@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Richard Chang) (11/27/90)

In article <48718@cornell.UUCP> chang@cs.cornell.edu (Richard Chang) writes:
>Questions about references:
>
>Does anyone know a journal version for these papers?
>
>1.  Szelepcsenyi's version of NSPACE[f(n)] = co-NSPACE[f(n)]
>    (It was called "On the method of forcing for nondeterministic
>     automata" in the Bulletin of the EATCS.  Is there a
>     conference version??)

  Apparently, no conference version is available.  The
  paper was published under the new title:

    "The Method of Forced Enumeration for Nondeterministic Automata",
    Acta Informatica, volume 26, pages 279--284, 1988.

>2.   The Karp-Lipton paper "Some connections between nonuniform
>     and uniform complexity classes."  I only have a reference
>     to the STOC '80 version.

  Yes, there is a journal version (thanks to E. Allender).  It's
  published in a strange place, L'Enseignment Mathematique.  It
  was apparently a special issue that also included an article
  by Borodin on Models of Computation.  The full citation is:

     "Turing Machines that Take Advice",
     L'Enseignement Math\'ematique, volume 28, pages 191--209, 1982.

Thanks to all who replied.

Richard