[comp.theory] NFA, DFA manipulation Source Code

4203_5114@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/06/91)

Hi.  I'm looking for source code to do the following:

Given a DFA as input, will return a equivalent complete DFA as output.

and ..

Given an NFA as input, return the NFA after all unreachable and useless
states have been removed.

Any HLL language would be helpful, (ie pascal, c, etc), But I would prefer
code in LISP, PROLOG or MIRANDA.

Thanks in Advance,
Bill McLean

sa_bill@vaxi.sscl.uwo.ca
mclean@obelix.gaul.uwo.ca

cag@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu (Chris Gantz) (02/07/91)

In article <1991Feb5.192015.8503@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4203_5114@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>Hi.  I'm looking for source code to do the following:
>
>Given a DFA as input, will return a equivalent complete DFA as output.
>
>and ..
>
>Given an NFA as input, return the NFA after all unreachable and useless
>states have been removed.
>
>Any HLL language would be helpful, (ie pascal, c, etc), But I would prefer
>code in LISP, PROLOG or MIRANDA.
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>Bill McLean
>
>sa_bill@vaxi.sscl.uwo.ca
>mclean@obelix.gaul.uwo.ca

Could I also receive any available information regarding this subject matter
as well.

-Chris

Chris Gantz				Uucp:     diana!cgantz
University of Denver			Internet: cgantz@diana.cair.du.edu