[comp.theory] References for hypergraph partition/covering/matching

pi@quark.isi.edu (Jen-I Pi) (02/10/91)

Does any one on the net know any reference for the discussion of
complexity for hypergraph partition/covering/matching problems?

Thnaks in advance!

Jen-I pi@vlsi-cad.isi.edu :-)

vlad@erg.sri.com (beyer) (02/12/91)

In article <16706@venera.isi.edu> pi@vlsi-cad.isi.edu (Jen-I Pi) writes:
>Does any one on the net know any reference for the discussion of
>complexity for hypergraph partition/covering/matching problems?

>Thnaks in advance!

>Jen-I pi@vlsi-cad.isi.edu :-)

I did a number of things on graph and hypergraph partitioning in my thesis
in 1986, most published, some still in my notes.

If you tell me what problems exactly you are interested in, I can tell
you what I know about them.

One particular paper of mine:

``Complexity of Generalized Graph Coloring,'' Proc. 12th International
Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science,
 Lecture Notes in Computer Science 233, J. Gruska et al., eds,
Springer-Verlag, Aug. 1986.

Vlad