[comp.theory] Info Request: LAWS OF FORM question about rumour

matthew@cs.uq.oz.au (Matthew McDonald) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May3.164134.1@happy.colorado.edu> kmsahr@happy.colorado.edu writes:
>I'm looking for any references or sources of information on G. Spencer
>Brown's <Laws of Form>. Specifically, I'm interested in the application

	Sorry, this is probably another dumb question but....

	I read in an article (by Dick Pountain) that G.S.Brown came up with
a *short* proof of the Four Colour Map theorem. Since the article was a bit
flaky in places I doubt it, but does anybody know for sure or where Mr Pountain
got the rumour from??

	Regards,
		Matthew.

orourke@fermat.cs.jhu.edu (Joseph O'Rourke) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May3.164134.1@happy.colorado.edu> kmsahr@happy.colorado.edu writes:
>I'm looking for any references or sources of information on G. Spencer
>Brown's <Laws of Form>.

Louis Kauffman devotes a section to Laws of Form in his book "On Knots."