[comp.music] ConcertWare vs. DMCS: you be the judge

mark@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Mark Turner) (09/27/89)

Any opinions on which Mac music composer is better: DMCS or
Concertware+MIDI?  I bought Concertware 'cause it was cheaper, and it
has a 30-day money back guarantee (which DMCS doesn't).  It
seems to do everything I will need for the time being, but I would like
to know if DMCS is better.

Also, has anyone tried MacDrums?  It's only $30 at MacZone, so I was
thinking of buying it.

Please email me if possible, because I don't get to read notes very
often.

Mark Turner
closet musician

In article <4140001@hpcilzb.HP.COM> mark@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Mark Turner) writes:
>Any opinions on which Mac music composer is better: DMCS or
>Concertware+MIDI?  I bought Concertware 'cause it was cheaper, and it
>has a 30-day money back guarantee (which DMCS doesn't).  It
>seems to do everything I will need for the time being, but I would like
>to know if DMCS is better.

I can't send private mail as you requested, but...

I've used the Amiga version of DMCS.  I've heard the code was ported
almost directly from the MAC version ... therefore it's rather slow in
many respects.  Other than that I'd say it was a good tool for
composing.  There are some features that it lacks, but what do you
expect for $70?

cmd

mark@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Mark Turner) (10/05/89)

Thanks for the info.  I'm pretty happy with CW+, so I think I'll stick
with it at least until I receive the new version (5.0), due next week.
It is supposed to be quite an improvement over 4.0, which is pretty good
to begin with.

Mark