[comp.music] bagpipes

M.Sainsbury@p121.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org (M Sainsbury) (11/09/89)

anyone synthesised Highland bagpipes yet?

--

uucp: {uunet!oresoft,sun!nosun!qiclab}!m2xenix!puddle!5!494!4.121!M.Sainsbury
Internet: M.Sainsbury@p121.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org

hatter@walt.cc.utexas.edu (John Eichenseer) (11/11/89)

In article <82.25593CAC@puddle.fidonet.org> M.Sainsbury@p121.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org (M Sainsbury) writes:
>anyone synthesised Highland bagpipes yet?

	Lyle Mays had a great bagpipe sound at the end of a tune called
"Highland Aire" on his first (self titled) solo album. I'm sure that if you
gave him a call, he would be happy to reveal its origins. I personally think
he just stuck it at the end of the song to show it off. Great album, tho.

					John Eichenseer
					hatter@walt.cc.utexas.edu

yackob@ccu.umanitoba.ca (11/14/89)

In article <82.25593CAC@puddle.fidonet.org> M.Sainsbury@p121.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org (M Sainsbury) writes:
>anyone synthesised Highland bagpipes yet?

	Yes.

Kerry Yackoboski		|yackob@ccu.UManitoba.CA
Kerry Yackoboski		|yackob@ccm.UManitoba.CA
Kerry Yackoboski		|yackob@ee.UManitoba.CA

brownd@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (David H. Brown) (11/19/89)

	Another convincing bagpipe sound is found in W. Carlos'
"Pompous Circumstances" (Variations & Fantasy on a Theme by Elgar).
(C) 1975 CBS; Columbia Stereo M 32088.

	Of course, this sound is from a Moog...

St. Olaf College has very little to     | M M | M M M | M M | M M M | M M |
do with the things I talk about!        | M M | M M M | M M | M M M | M M |
                                        | M M | M M M | M M | M M M | M M |
Dave Brown: brownd@thor.acc.stolaf.edu  | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |