[comp.music] IBM PC music editor software

rreiner@yunexus.UUCP (Richard Reiner) (02/06/90)

IBM PC software which is to a musical score as a text editor is to a
document wanted.  No other capabilities (e.g. MIDI record or playback)
needed, just the ability to edit and print musical scores.  Freeware
or shareware preferred.  Anybody know of such a thing?

Thanks.

--
Richard J. Reiner              rreiner@nexus.yorku.ca
BITNET: rreiner@yorkvm1.bitnet (also rreiner@vm1.yorku.ca)

--

tmm@hp-sdd.hp.com (Tim McDonough) (02/08/90)

In article <7272@yunexus.UUCP> rreiner@yunexus.UUCP (Richard Reiner) writes:

>IBM PC software which is to a musical score as a text editor is to a
>document wanted.  No other capabilities (e.g. MIDI record or playback)
>needed, just the ability to edit and print musical scores.  Freeware
>or shareware preferred.  Anybody know of such a thing?

 I too would be greatly interested in any leads to the above mentioned sort
of software!

                -Tim
Hewlett Packard - SDD                                    Timothy M. McDonough
16399 W. Bernardo Drive                                  1350 N. Esc. Blvd. #40
San Diego, CA 92127          tmm@hp-sdd.sdd.hp.com       Escondido, CA 92026
(619) 592-8657            uunet!hp-sdd.sdd.hp.com!tmm    (619) 489-7863

rspangle@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Randy Spangler) (02/08/90)

In article <7272@yunexus.UUCP> rreiner@yunexus.UUCP (Richard Reiner) writes:

>IBM PC software which is to a musical score as a text editor is to a
>document wanted.  No other capabilities (e.g. MIDI record or playback)
>needed, just the ability to edit and print musical scores.  Freeware
>or shareware preferred.  Anybody know of such a thing?

Well, you might try Music Studio by Activision.  Oh, there's also some
player-piano type freeware on Simtel20, pd1:<msdos.music> I think.  Of
course, without MIDI things are going to sound really pitiful...

|    Randy Spangler                    |    The less things change, the    |
|    rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu    |    more they remain the same      |