[comp.music] Is Dyaxix still around?

jgk@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (joseph.g.klinger) (02/08/90)

I have (dated) literature on a 16 bit A/D/A for the mac.
The company is (was?) Integrated Media Systems, San Carlos CA
and the product is (was) called Dyaxis.

The telephone is disconnected.  Are they still around?
Any other high quality A/D/As for the mac?

Thanks,

--
	Joe Klinger
	att!iexist!jgk

Disclaimer - AT&T may not aggree with the opinions expressed in my comments.

rohan@muon.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rohan De Livera) (02/12/90)

In article <13380@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, jgk@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (joseph.g.klinger) writes:
> I have (dated) literature on a 16 bit A/D/A for the mac.
> The company is (was?) Integrated Media Systems, San Carlos CA
> and the product is (was) called Dyaxis.
>
> The telephone is disconnected.  Are they still around?
> Any other high quality A/D/As for the mac?

IMS (integrated Media Systems) has been  bought out by Studer Editeque.
They continue production of the Dyaxis DAC system under this name.
Unfortunately, I  do not have a contact address or phone for the company
but I'm sure you could get more information from any high tech audio
dealer.

Incidentally, the new digital version Dyaxis is a pretty hot little box.
With the appropriate options, it can sync to smpte, midi and has several
other built in bells and whistles. The sound quality is also supposedly
better than the older model. It comes with Macmix ver2.2  software.

One other DAC systems manufactured for the Mac is the MTU digisound model
16 of which we have 2 units. These are 16 bit 48K units, which are pretty
decent. Unfortunately the software that drives them is not as exciting as
macmix.

Hope this helps.

tom@Mills.berkeley.edu (Thomas Richard Erbe) (02/13/90)

The address and phone for Studer Editech (formerly Integrated Media
Systems, formerly Concert Music Design) is:

Studer Editech
1370 Willow Road
Suite 201
Menlo Park, CA  94025

voice: (415) 326-7030
fax: (415) 326-7039

They make the Dyaxis (stereo A/D/A for the Mac), the Dyaxis 2+2 (a four
channel version), and a number of hard disk systems which must be used
with the Dyaxis.
--
tom erbe * technical director * center for contemporary music * mills college
  tom@mills.berkeley.edu * po box 9201, oakland, ca  94613 * (415) 430-2191