[comp.music] Quadraverb

mek4_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Mark Kern) (04/13/90)

I have an Alesis Quadraverb and a 4-track recording set-up. I've been having
terrible noise problems with it. Well, not exactly terrible, but much more
than I expected from a unit such as this. The noise level is greater than my
Boss Micro-rack reverbs and delays, and since I record on 4-track, this noise
really begins to add up.
   Has anyone else experience noise problems using the Quadraverb? Should I
have it sent in for a checkup?

                                                 Mark E. Kern

   Mark Edward Kern, mek4_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu  A.Online: Markus
      Quagmire Studios U.S.A. "We not only hear you, we feel you !"

kennyz@pawl.rpi.edu (Kenny Zalewski) (04/13/90)

In article <6568@ur-cc.UUCP> mek4_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Mark Kern) writes:

>I have an Alesis Quadraverb and a 4-track recording set-up. I've been having
>terrible noise problems with it. Well, not exactly terrible, but much more
>than I expected from a unit such as this.......

Mark, I just got a Quadraverb for Christmas, and so far, it's been pretty
quiet, and I use it with a rather loud amp.  It is no more noisy than my
SPY-90 or my DSP-128.  In fact, I really love the Quadraverb.  Anyone
else have any problems?

--
Kenny Zalewski
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, BARH B 107, Troy, NY, 12180-3590