[comp.music] World's smallest, cheapist keyboard needed.

Alvin@cup.portal.com (Alvin Henry White) (07/29/90)

I need two keyboards. Cheap. First to paste on my computer. Should be a
piece of cellophane [like scotch tape] to glue on my computer. MIDI output.
I had some toy some years back. I think it cost $10 US. I forget what they
call it, maybe capacitance switches, where you just touch. My toy had
a small battery, one chip, one 1" speaker.  Must have MIDI out plug so use
like type writer.  Should be produceable in qty for a couple of bucks. Need
size equal regular piano and range exactly 3 octaves. f-f-f.  That exactly
matches the range of the bottom of the base clef to the top of the treble
clef, with middle c in the middle, the range of the average human voice~.

The second keyboard is same except velocity moveing keys. Can cost a little
more, not much.
help page
Alvin H. White, Gen. Sect.
G.O.D.S.B.R.A.I.N.
1505 De Rose Way #66
San Jose, CA 95126
USA

[ alvin@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal.cup.portal.com!alvin ]

Government Online Database Systems
Bureau for Resource Allocations to Information Networks

elkies@walsh.harvard.edu (Noam Elkies) (07/30/90)

In article <32208@cup.portal.com> Alvin@cup.portal.com (Alvin Henry White) writes:
>                      [...]  range exactly 3 octaves. f-f-f.  That exactly
>matches the range of the bottom of the base clef to the top of the treble
>clef, with middle c in the middle, the range of the average human voice~.

A three-octave *average* vocal range!?  And here we subaverage humans kvetch
about the mere octave and a half of the _Star-Spangled Banner_.  By the
way, is this ``average human'' male or female?   :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

[And now some bass will post that he *can* span these three octaves
by including falsetto...]

--Noam D. Elkies (elkies@zariski.harvard.edu)
  Department of Mathematics, Harvard University