[comp.music] portable CD players

cheehh@jetson.uh.edu (08/09/90)

In article <906@syacus.acus.oz>, jono@syacus.acus.oz (Jonathan Goldstein) writes:
> I will be travelling overseas soon and I want to buy a portable CD player.
>
> Does anyone know of good brands, models, what I should avoid, prices, etc.?
> It should at least have 4x oversampling. I'm not so concerned about fancy
> features like memory and random play. I just want good sound quality.
>
> I will be going to London via Bangkok airport. Should I buy the player here
> in Sydney Australia, in Bangkok, or in London?
>
> Please e-mail replies. If there are a lot I will summarise and post to the net.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Since Sony Corp. in conjunction with Philips invented the compact disk player,
I would recommend choosing from various Sony models.  The Sony D-15 may stll be
available for about 250 American dollars.  Other models are the D-25,D-35 and
the D-555 which range in price from 300 American dollars for the D-25 to 400
American dollars.  Be careful to purchase the player for the correct voltage
(probably 110 or 220 volts)  for your destination.  Good Luck and
have a nice day!

TONY

Tony Settles using the account of Rikhit Arora CHEEHH@JETSON.UH.EDU  (INTERNET)