[comp.music] MIDI file

rahard@eeserv.ee.umanitoba.ca (Budi Rahardjo) (06/29/90)

I know this has been asked before. Where can I get description of MIDI file ?
FTP ? mailserver ? What is the newest version ?
I have version 1.0 printed, but lost my file ..

Thanks,
-- Budi -- Rahardjo --
--
Budi Rahardjo                 <rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca>
<rahard@ee.umanitoba.ca>   <rahard@budi.ee.umanitoba.ca>

chuck@umiami.miami.edu (06/30/90)

In article <1990Jun29.132456.24488@ccu.umanitoba.ca>,
rahard@eeserv.ee.umanitoba.ca (Budi Rahardjo) writes:
> I know this has been asked before. Where can I get description of MIDI file ?
> FTP ? mailserver ? What is the newest version ?
> I have version 1.0 printed, but lost my file ..
>
> Thanks,
> -- Budi -- Rahardjo --

You should ftp on over to ucsd.edu and look in midi/doc directory.  There you
should find all the documentation you could ever want about MIDI specs. :)

   Chuck Urwiler    University of Miami Music Engineering   Voice & Keys
 chuck@umiami              |
 e1mvqi9z@umiamivm         | Go ahead, I DARE you to mail me something...
 chuck@umiami.miami.edu    |
 chuck@miavax.ir.miami.edu |
Disclaimer: I only work and learn at this University. I don't speak for it!

eubanks@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Brian Eubanks) (08/29/90)

Does anyone have info on a standard (if one exists) for
MIDI files, and are there any public domain files available?
What is the format for the files?

I am working on a project in Hypercard (using HyperMIDI)
Please post replies here or through e-mail.

Brian Eubanks
eubanks@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu