[comp.music] MIDI Driver for SVR3.2

tmb@ai.mit.edu (Thomas M. Breuel) (09/01/90)

I'd like to use a MIDI board from SVR3.2. I would appreciate if you could
help me with any of the following:

* is there a free MIDI driver (with or without sources) for SVR3?
* is there a free serial port driver (with sources) for SVR3?
* what other drivers for SVR3 are available with sources?
* are there any commercially available MIDI drivers for SVR3?

If response warrants it, I'll summarize on the net.

					Thanks, Thomas.

tjt@cbnewsh.att.com (timothy.j.thompson) (09/01/90)

In article <10396@life.ai.mit.edu>, tmb@ai.mit.edu (Thomas M. Breuel) writes:
> I'd like to use a MIDI board from SVR3.2. I would appreciate if you could
> help me with any of the following:
> * is there a free MIDI driver (with or without sources) for SVR3?

Yes (with source).  It's been posted to the net and is available in the
ucsd midi archive (it's called 'devmidi').  If you can't get it elsewhere,
I can mail it to you.  It supports MPU-compatible boards (which basically
restricts it to 80*86-based machines).  It supports only the UART
(non-intelligent (sic)) mode of the MPU.

            ...Tim Thompson...tjt@twitch.att.com...