[comp.music] Composers' Desktop Project

martin@minster.york.ac.uk (09/18/90)

In article <1990Sep14.210905.25658@funet.fi>, jk87377@korppi.tut.fi
>(Kouhia Juhana Krister) writes:
>|> Would somebody tell me what is Composers Desktop Project?
>|> Any contact-list exists?
>
>An Atari-based composition package, including stuff like Csound, Cmusic,
>graphical
>interfaces to them, etc.. Maybe for other machines too. An on-going
>research and
>commercial interest at University of York. I suggest you contact:
>
>	Composers Desktop Project
>	University of York

No. It is true that much of the initial development of the CDP took place
in and around the University, and that there continues to be a good, close
relationship between the CDP and the University.
However the CDP is an independent, non-profit-making limited company, with
it's own offices (in York), and it's own address, which is:

	The Composers' Desktop Project Ltd
	Unit 7, 35 Hospital Fields Road
	Fulford Industrial Estate
	York YO1 4DZ
	UNITED KINGDOM

	Telephone: +44 904 613299

Please DO NOT send mail to the University - it is liable to get lost, and
will certainly be delayed!

Martin Atkins
(CDP System Software consultant, and ISS Project leader)